Contact Me

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Tuesday, Wednesday, My Waist

Tuesday was lunch day at the first church I ever went to for lunch. We had chicken fingers, broccoli slaw, green beans and potatoes, unsweetened tea, and cake.

Two to-go boxes came home with us. I ate most of it about 10 pm Tuesday night. I did not get one bit of sleep Monday night so I was exhausted Tuesday. However, I slept about 12 hours Tuesday evening and night, getting up at 6 am Wednesday morning. I only awoke to eat the dinner, use bathroom, and watch 30 minutes of the news. I was exhausted. I slept most of Wednesday, too.

Of course, I sent his box home. Plus, I gave him the only piece of cake. I packed up about three cups of the taco casserole and topped it with the Italian cheese I bought. So, he can eat it and mix in the cheese when he does. I forgot to put the taco seasoning in the taco casserole...oh well.

Tuesday, I finally put on the heart monitor with the help of exbf and company (over the phone) that sent it. The descriptions of the body did not fit with my body...lol. Directly to the left of my navel is on my waist, but not according to the company person directing me. Exbf just read to me. I stuck on the little things to attach the leads.

The monitor has one wire which divides into four leads. Somehow, the single wire disconnected from the monitor. I could not figure it out as the cell phone said to check leads which I was doing one at a time. Nope. The one main lead was disconnected.

The cell phone makes noises when I need to check something. Plus, there is a message for me on the screen. It is loud enough to wake me up in the night. Ask me how I know.

Tuesday was beautiful with no rain and only a tiny breeze. I think it sprinkled on him as he neared his home many miles South of me. Wednesday has been equally dry and pleasant.

Maybe I found someone at the lunch to mow who will be more trustworthy. The brother of the last guy has not responded.

Since the advent of low-riding pants, I don't think the younger crowd knows where the waist on the body is located.  One day I asked J, "Where is your waist? Show me." She put her hands down on her hip bonesn not on the top of hip bones, but down on the side of the bones. I was astounded. She was puzzled and told me that no, her waist was lower than mine. I told her that her pants were lower than mine. I don't think she believed me. I am long-waisted. Well, before my fatness appeared I was.

When I told the guy on the phone that 4 inches to the left of my navel still was under my waistband and was bothering me. He said,"No. " I should put it to the left of my navel. Well, I don't know here he thinks navels are in relation to waists." Okay, maybe my navel is a smidgen higher than my waist. No, it's not!

He kept correcting me on the waist location. He also kept correcting me on another placement. I was to put another lead three inches below my breast  in line with the nipple and on last rib. Finally, I told him that was not working on my body. So, I put it sort of where he said. I suppose it all works.

Help me on this--Is your navel basically at your waist or a smidge above or below? Inquiring minds want to know. Check the others in your household who wear pants at the waist, not below. Thanks.
Have you ever worn a heart monitor?

20 comments:

  1. Navel is below my waist.
    Yes, I have worn a heart monitor - have to say I've never heard of someone having to fix it themselves via phone instructions.
    I went to the hospital first thing in the morning - they hooked me all up - I then had to wait for half an hour so that they could check that it was working properly and then I left for work - wore clothing that hid the monitor. Had instructions on how to turn it off and then remove it the next morning and I dropped it off at the hospital on my way to work.
    Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Navel placement isn't something I ever thought about so I checked. Mine is about an inch below where my waist used to be, when I still had one - a waist, that is. :)

    I believe I will quit whining about my oxygen machine now. Being hooked up to a heart monitor far outweighs the inconvenience of being tethered to an oxygen machine. Hope it works well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicke,
      Below? huh. I have always been long-waisted. I wonder if that matters. I only have to wear this for two weeks. At least I don't have to wear it forever like you do. But. these sticky things to connect it to me at five places are starting to sting, burn, and itch. Only 13 more days.

      Delete
  3. Snap. My navel is also below my waist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC,
      I wonder why my waist is even with navel. Thanks. This is a good survey...lol.

      Delete
  4. two weeks with it on is going to be ...um...a test!

    my navel is below my waist, too

    ReplyDelete
  5. kylie,

    A real trial. They are going to have to send me more of the sticky things that will not give me so much trouble. If anyone had bothered to ask, I am allergic to tape and sticky things like this. Plus metal which is touching my skin. But, I suppose it must touch my skin.

    Hmm, below your waist. Thanks. Wonder why mine is basically at waist?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My navel is right at my waist. Never thought about people's navels being in different places, but I guess that makes sense. We all are a little different. I have always thought everyone's hands and feet look different from everyone else. Also, if there is latex in the sticky things, that might be a problem. I am very allergic to latex and you could be allergic to whatever is on the sticky things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      I have spent an inordinate amount of time examining the position of my navel since Tuesday. Right at my waist is the position I have decided best describes the position. I am very allergic to latex. Today, I will call about the problem here. Thanks for helping in my navel survey.

      Delete
    2. tanas50,
      I am allergic to adhesive on many types of medical tape and bandaids.

      Delete
  7. Here I always thought the navel was at the belly button area....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Revanche,
      The navel is "belly button." I have never said "belly button." The discussion is where in relation to the waist is the navel located.

      Delete
  8. waist is just above the navel. Where J was putting her hands is her hips LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      Yep, except my navel is at waist. J obviously thought her waist was below hips or located at same place. LOL is definitely correct. Thanks

      Delete
  9. At the waist, exactly. Had a Holter heart monitor and the hospital people stuck on the leads and sent me home. Even though all your allergies and foibles are in your chart, always remind them, anyway. (ask me how I know this).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tewshooz,
      Same location as mine! It is amazing how often they try to put things on me or try to give me a med I know I should not have. When they have me sign the document to do a procedure, I often keep the chart and write something in 2-inch letters such as NO STAPLES. They do not look happy. I also remind anesthesiologist of allergies and other problems and things I do not want to happen. Everyone hears my history. I have been known to carry a piece of paper with allergies and such and read it to them. I can only imagine how you know it. I slipped up this time. thanks.

      Delete
  10. Navel below the waist...I can't imagine having those horrible sticky things on you for so long! They leave welts on me after just a few minutes. Wishing you well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kt,
      These have been on so long, I am afraid I will have sores. I called exbf and asked him. He said his navel was below his waist. He answered so quickly that I figured he had checked it out after my conversation with the guy who was on speakerphone. I will have serious burns before I get the ones that will not leave sores. Thanks, I need well wishes right now.

      Delete
  11. I've never heard of a Drs office having the patient hook up their own monitor at home. what a hassle. Hopefully your skin doesn't break open.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.