Contact Me

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Thursday Dinner and Addiction

Thursday night was the day of the free dinner: ham, slaw, green beans, roll, key lime pie, unsweetened tea. It is a good thing I love green beans and slaw. This was the third time this week.

This venue serves its purpose for me. I met a man who knew a friend from church and his wife and kids. When he mentioned where he worked and had retired from, I asked him if he knew this man I knew. His mouth fell open in surprise. He laughed and said he knew him well. He had to know how I knew him. We both shared the same opinion of the guy and of his wife. I go there for the conversation.

Every time I go to this dinner, I have a conversation, short or long with an addict--alcohol, meth, different addictions. The closest thing I have ever had to an addiction was caffeine in Coke. I don't think I have an addictive personality. Since I met Hershey's gold, I may have developed an addiction.

I am still checking with people (not in public, just here)  to see where in relation to their navel, or belly button, if you like, their waist lies. When I talked to exbf today, I asked about his. His immediate response was "below" his waist.  I am quite sure he checked after all the discussion with the guy on the phone Tuesday, a conversation he could hear through speakerphone!

There are serious burns on my chest and abdomen, five in all. Sometimes these sores from tape cause open sores eventually. I may go to the doctor for those. sigh

I am out of bread but will resist buying any since I may be addicted to bread...lol. I gave exbf about 3/4 of a loaf. It was cheap, nasty white bread, his favorite kind.

Tonight, I bought a family pack of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I have really missed chicken breasts. I pull off a piece of chicken for a snack. Since my snack is supposed to be protein, this works great.

Last Monday, I mailed gifts to g-daughters. I hope I got daughter's address correct.

Okay, same question as yesterday's post--is your navel below or above or at your waist?  Do you ever have the opportunity regularly to talk to a recovering addict?  If so, do you learn something new each time about the human condition? Or, anything?

7 comments:

  1. Belly button is below my waist, or below what once was a waist but now is just a waste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I fully understand. Thanks for the laugh this morning. I want my waist to waste away soon.

      Delete
  2. Below. I regularly measure people for sewing projects and in my experience the bb is always slightly below.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara,
      Thanks. It's been a long time since I regularly measured people to sew. I suppose navel location was never part of the sewing or I just forgot.

      Delete
  3. Belly button is below my waist!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      Thanks. Now we know.

      Delete
    2. Below. I don’t think I have ever seen one above the waist. In my teens I knew a girl who didn’t have one! They had to remove hers while performing a hernia surgery.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.