Contact Me

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

I Won Again

I went to the church dinner where I won the book last month. And, I won a begonia this month. A woman who sat with me last month said, "You always win!" After we left, I asked exbf if I won lots. He said, "More than most people." I always have. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket.

Everyone signed in. Before the sign in, a woman picked numbers. The person whose name was beside that number won a door prize. There were only eight door prizes and probably 75 people.

Lunch: Chopped pork on a bun; bbq sauce; slaw; potato salad; banana pudding; unsweetened tea. The bbq and slaw were so delicious.

Before the lunch, we went to my bank and I withdrew the $50 he lent me yesterday. After lunch we went to Aldi's where I went in and bought 17 boxes of cereal for him. I had a $5 coupon when $30 is spent. I suggested to him he could get cereal. He thought that was a good idea. He also thought that spending $28 for 17 boxes of cereal was a good deal.

The county agent answered questions. I have info about fire ants, but that will be for tomorrow.

I was lying down with laptop propped on lower abdomen. I moved wrong and the top edge of the screen crashed down on my nose, giving me a nose blood and severe pain. This happened about ten minutes ago and my nose is so swollen, it is hard to breathe through my nose.

8 comments:

  1. Woo hoo for your 2nd win in a row. I love begonias.
    Too bad about the nose. Hope the swelling goes down quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Thanks. I love to win. So far, nose is ablaze with pain.

      Delete
  2. Hope your nose is better! I am allergic to fire ants and HATE them. Soon after I moved here, I was stung and within 5 minutes covered with hives and my tongue started swelling. I now carry an epi pen and can't wear any open toed shoes when outdoors. I've been doing a lot of yard work but I wear gloves and socks. I just love this weather- it's our short spring although at night I've been using the air conditioning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      Socks and gloves won't stop fire ants. Now, I worry for you. I am using ac sporadically.

      Delete
  3. Oh boy, a smashed nose hurts sooo much! I hope it feels better soon.

    Seventeen boxes of cereal is a lot but it keeps well and there is often not a lot in the box

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      Sooo bad. He said he eats a huge bowl, not a cereal bowl every morning. So, this may not last as long as it would for most people. He seemed very happy to get it.

      Delete
  4. Yikes! Get some ice on that nose. I am glad you have good luck winning stuff. With your health problems I think you deserve every prize you win! Tell your exbf that ice cream goes really well with cereal. So you can have it for breakfast and dessert after dinner. Cheerios, Wheaties, Chex, Total. I love them all with ice cream. Sometimes for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I have never, ever thought of ice cream and cereal. I will have to mention this to him and see what he says. I am still processing this myself. I can see a few sprinkles, nothing more.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.