Contact Me

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Little Things Really Help

~~When I wanted to take any medicine or supplement., I was frustrated as I searched for the right bottle. Instead of having them in the kitchen cabinet where I did keep them, I put them all on top of the dehydrator. I kept knocking them off. So, I put them in a little bag, the rectangular kind that has a zippered top.  That works so well.

For the last year, I have tumbled these around in the bag when looking for the med I need to take.  Wednesday night, I bought little colored 3/4 inch sticky circles, the kind sold for yard sale use, blank ones. On the tops of the bottles I put green circles with the name of the med. Green is for anything that controls allergies.

Yellow dots are for other meds--prescriptions or supplements--I take regularly for whatever.

Red/pink circles are for a prescription that I take for a finite time, like an antibiotic.

Of course, I wrote the names on each colored circle, too. Now,my frustration level will diminish greatly.

Instead of putting new stickers on new bottles of meds, I will just switch out the old cap to the new bottle if they come in the same size bottles. So far, I have only gotten bottles that use one of two sizes of lids. That will save having to use a new circle each time I get a new med--prescription, otc, or supplement.

~~Since my cell phone slipped out of my pocket  all the time years ago, I hooked an id badge clip onto the lariat on my cell phone. I clipped the cell phone to the front of the pocket that is made into the side seam of my pants. Often, I would get up and my cell phone would be hanging by the clip!  Finally, the clips all broke. I had been taking the clips off id badges I had collected in a junk drawer. Wednesday night, I bought a package of 12 Id badge clips.

The badge clip on my cell phone was really handy the few times I was in the hospital or ER since I could just clip my phone to my pillow. Until the last clip broke, I did clip my phone to my pillow here on my bed. That way, I did not have to stand on my head to find the cell phone when it slipped off my bed.

Both of these fixes will help me immensely even though I did have to spend money. I have run out of people to ask for the badge clips!

~~Remember the key safe I bought for $25? I have used that twice in two days. On Tuesday, the key alarm did not go off as I got out of my car at WM after midnight. The key was in the ignition! A woman who works there was on supper break and brought me home where I got the key from the key safe and we went back to WM.

Wednesday, I left the house to get into the car. As I reached the car, I realized the side seam in my pants was ripped open just a bit. I would keep my hand over it, I thought, too tired to go back to the house. As I left the house in the car, I realized the whole crotch was out. Sooo, I came back in and changed my pants, leaving the phone in the house, too. The key safe saved the day!

I called publix Corporate and was told that as long as the meat trays were thoroughly cleaned in order to not attract animals or insects, they were acceptable. It seems I have typed that before. ???

I washed out the meat tray from a chuck steak so I can recycle it. I put the steak in marinade for a turkey bag on Thursday. Potatoes will go in there, too. Potatoes will be peeled on Wednesday. Exbf gets that to take home. I will eat a boiled egg for dinner tomorrow night.

Six eggs went into a pot Wednesday night to boil. Thursday morning, exbf comes and I will be hungry out doing things with no breakfast. I can gobble down an egg before he comes. I got a sausage and biscuit last week, but a $0.17 egg beats a $2 biscuit from Hardees and it is better for me.

That's not much, but it is all that happened on Wednesday. I did not feel well enough to do anything much.

Thursday--I have a mower attached to my mower. Hopefully, he will get the front lawn done before I have to take him home so I can get ready to go have a ultrasound. Whoopee for getting the lawn mowed. At least the front will be done.

What have you spent money on like the sticker labels and id bag clip that saved you a lot of frustration. And, you had looked for cheaper or free fixes.

6 comments:

  1. that's a very smart idea with the different colored stickers for labels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one,
      Thanks. I am going to put stickers on my three inhalers and write the type inhaler and how many times a day. One I swallow instead of inhale.

      Delete
  2. After dropping my office keys in the river, I spent a couple of bucks on a strange sort of key chain clip so I could attach those keys to the zipper pull inside my purse. It will hopefully be hard to lose them again that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex,
      Just don't drop your purse in the river! I put a pretty clip in my purse to hole my keychain because I can never find it without digging in my purse. We have to do what we have to do to keep things sorted.

      Delete
  3. The sticky circles are a great idea. I might borrow that. I wish I could attach a lariat or something to my cell but it does not seem possible to attach it to anything or anything to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. monica,
      Having a place to attach a lariat is #1 requirement for a cell. Lariats did come with all cell phones. Now, I have to buy a camera or something with a lariat at a yard sale.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.