Contact Me

Monday, May 7, 2018

Two Recipes: Mesquite Maple Steaks and Vegetables, Watermelon Coolers

After my doctor's appointment I went to Publix for a2milk and had their samples the woman was preparing.

Mesquite Maple Steaks and Vegetables

2 medium red bell peppers
6 oz presliced portabella mushrooms
3 Tablespoons dry mesquite marinade mix Grill Masters Mesquite Marinade
2 Tablespoons coconut or olive oil
1/4 cup maple syrup, divided
1 1//2 lb grilling steak


The entre sample was very good. However, after the second bite, I started sneezing uncontrollably right in the middle of the produce department. I was sneezing into a handkerchief and breathless, trying to say "allergic."


Watermelon Coolers

3/4 cup frozen limeade, thawed
4 cups seedless watermelon chunks
(about 1 1/2 lb.)
cherry lemon-lime soda, chilled

Cooking directions for both Here

The cooler was delicious. It had a slightly Slurpy texture, but was not frozen. We discussed how it would be great in a punch bowl with sherbet floating. YUM!

Someone told me to never post a recipe that I had not prepared. Whatever!


9 comments:

  1. Healthy recipes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda,
    If you're allergic to beef, why did you eat some LOL? Did the smell draw you in? I don't have any food allergies but I'm thinking you are supposed to avoid that food. I really don;t have any food I dislike except black licorice- I have never cared for the anise flavor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      It was not much. I had my epipen. I was going home immediately, so if I needed to occupy the bathroom immediately, I was close. Beef is the one thing I will eat that I should not--not much and not often. I cannot stand black licorice, either.

      Delete
  3. You may not have prepared the recipes but someone did!
    I like the sound of the watermelon coolers.
    We don't have mesquite seasoning here so I'm less sure of the beef but maple syrup and spice could be a good combo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I thought it was a little too much criticism! The watermelon coolers were such a pretty pink. Are you sure you do not have mesquite? Do you have stores where expats shop?

      Delete
  4. I am pretty sure recipes are in the public domain. You can post any recipe you want to post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. tana50,
    I think the point was to not just put out recipes, to actually cook something. I ignored the person. Publix put out this recipe for public use. They even have cards with recipes on them. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The watermelon coolers sound delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle82,
    They were! I went back today to see the brands of ingredients. Of course, I had another sample.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.