Contact Me

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Tuesday Look-see Into the Refrigerator

As I pondered what to eat for breakfast on Tuesday, I thought about oatmeal and milk. Maybe cheese toast. Maybe I will look in the refrigerator.

I had shell pasta left from a pasta salad, 1 inch of pasta sauce in a far, about 1/4 cup grated Italian cheese, and about a half cup of Parmesan cheese in the green shaker. I combined all these, added about two Tablespoons of olive oil and called it a meal. Delish!

I emptied the container of pasta, shredded Italian cheese, and pasta sauce. I got a meal from leftovers. I still have the olive oil and a bit of Kraft Parmesan.

Tuesday, bbq chicken and cole slaw will be for another meal. Wednesday, I will look in the refrigerator to see if I can clear out more food by making a meal of smidgens of food.

Wednesday, I found the grapes were dying prematurely. One roll and chicken with lettuce plus grapes was another clear-out meal.

Do you ever look into the refrigerator to see what there is to eat before it goes off and so you will not have to cook? Maybe this does not work well with a family to feed. Or, maybe it is called "leftover night."

The subtropical storm was a nothing event with little rain where I live. Did it affect you? It did delay yard mowing!

2 comments:

  1. Good creativity there. I often but not enough, have clean out meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam,
      Curiosity and not wanting to cook led me there. It's amazing what can hide behind things. Plus, it is so difficult to bend and move things around.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.