Contact Me

Saturday, May 12, 2018

Groceries May 6-12, 2018

qt. strawberries
white grapes
Grill Master Mesquite Marinade
loaf of Sara Lee Bread--$0.85 after tax
2 half gallons a2milk
3 bananas
1 banana
one slice Honey Baked Ham
Hostess cupcakes, a 2 pack.

About the ham slice. I wanted a sandwich on Saturday, but had no meat to put into it. So, while I was in WM, I bought a slice of ham for $0.63.

I finally got someone, guy who mowed, to bring the crockpot from car to house. So, when I wash it, I can cook in it. It is a little too warm for oven cooking. Plus, it does hurt my back to put anything in the oven.

There was nothing I wanted at a good price for stocking up. I spent about $20 this week.

4 comments:

  1. I love crock pot cooking. We are coming into winter here in Australia so the old crock pot has started getting a work out again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr,
      I love mine year round. In the winter the bit of heat is welcome. But, in the summer the heat is less than an oven. Electricity use is less with my crockpot. I cannot grill out. Bending to put anything in the oven is impossible. Standing at the stove hurts. So, the crockpot gets several meals for eating later. Since I love leftovers, this works for me. I seem to be going through crockpots by getting faulty ones and having to return them!

      Delete
  2. clever !
    I am intrigued about the 3 and 1 banana. Not 4 ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought 3 for the rest of the week. Then, I missed the chance to go to bank and write a check to get cash for lawn mowing, so I went to Publix and bought something, a banana, so I could write a check to get cash. I wrote a check for $25.25 and then sang the song for the rest of the day.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.