Contact Me

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Tree Limb Truck, Meet My Garbage Can

I just happened to come home as the limb truck was picking up limbs in front of  another house on the block. I got the mail and hung out, hoping my stack of limbs would be picked up.. As it turned out, the truck was only two minutes finishing the other house on my block.

It was fascinating watching the finesse with which the guy handled the huge piece of machinery picking up limbs. Now, I would have to wait on the truck that sucks up leaves and grass clipping. Oh, NO. WAIT! He was picking up my garbage can and crushed it. I started waving my hands. It was no use yelling because the truck was too loud.

The guy dropped my broken garbage can. Bummer. Another guy got out and I tried to yell at him, but he come to me. I told him I did not want the can taken. He said that he told the guy not to take it but it was crushed and they would bring me another. I wasn't even angry, just bummed that the mower put it out there. I never told him to leave it out there. Oh well.... Never put anything on the curb that you care about. They take everything....really, a good thing.

One time, 20 or more years ago, I put five gallon buckets alongside the garbage cans. The buckets were full of trash, and I had every intention of using them again. Scratch that!

Our streets are pristine and we have no street cleaners and no one has to move the vehicles they own to the other side of the street. This town is cleaner than other small towns. We all pick up trash in front of our houses instead of letting it lie.

I went to the ENT this morning. There is nothing wrong with my outer ear. He told me never to use acetic acid in my ear again. When I asked him why not, he said because it is acid. Come here and let me get out the ear wax or use...something I don't remember.

The tiny little bottle of acetic clearly says it is for ear wax removal. I still don't understand. I did not find a can of hydrochloric acid and decide on a whim to clean my ears with it.

He said it was quite possible that I had broken the cartilage in my nose. But, he will not x-ray because he has no intention of operating if he found it broken. Why? Because too much of my septum is gone already and my nose would collapse. That would be a novel look. He advised me to take an NSAID. But, I never take those. The pain in my nose is terrific, so I have to just ignore it. It's hard to wash my face!

I do like his conservative approach!

Did you ever have something removed from the curb that you were just using as a container? Has anyone ever broken the cartilage of the nose and what happened after you broke it?


8 comments:

  1. I know better than to put anything on the street I don't want taken. Unless it is one of the trash pickups company's dedicated cans it will be gone. Everyone here picks up debris also, but I am tired of picking up beer bottles and cans. I live in a small subdivision off of a larger subdivision (does that mean I live in a sub-subdivision) and the only way into the entire neighborhood is directly past my house. I am the only house on the right side of the road entering into the neighborhood so I assume some teens who live farther down are dumping all evidence of what they have been doing in my yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a retaining wall where people toss things. There is no one to see what they are doing. You could dump a body there and be safe doing so.

      You are probably correct about who throws out that trash.

      I did have a renter next to me who would walk over a McD cup dropped on the paved path to front door. She and two teens just let all the trash stay for weeks! Every week, there were at least a half dozen pizza box thrown out instead of a trash can. Of course, that trash was dragged all over the neighborhood by dogs.

      Delete
  2. We had the opposite with our garbage pick up on Tuesday. He only dumped out the top bag. The rest of the can was still 3/4 full. DH called the garbage company and they had the driver come and empty it the rest of the way yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I wonder why? I have had things like a cardboard get stuck in the bottom and it remained. But 3/4 of a can? I had to call once when none of my garbage was removed.

      Delete
    2. it didn't appear anything got stuck. DH is pretty careful to make sure that doesn't happen.

      Delete
    3. Maybe the guy was too lazy to empty the can. My new can is not out there yet.

      Delete
  3. Have you tried those paper candle cone thingies for the earwax? My DH just went to an ENT and he just sucked out the wax with a tiny tube. Ear candles are for sale online...I saw them used and they work...

    Wow..trash pickup! We don't have that...we must take everything to the landfill. It used to be fun when I could still shop there for neat stuff, but since they shut that down, DH just goes by himself every few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tewshooz,
      At this point, I have no earwax. I thought about that a few years ago, but the friend never did it for me. I just don't want anyone to set my hair on fire...lol.

      The one time a doctor took it out, a nurse kept using a syringe to push warm water in my ear and let it run into a little basin held at my ear. It was mesmerizing.

      I would quit going, too, if I was stopped from being bringing stuff home. I would hate to have to take the garbage my self to a landfill. Of course, I do pay for it and for the leaf truck and the limb truck and other city services.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.