Contact Me

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Hornet and Pizza

I talked to the mother of the young man who mowed. She has been very ill, and I had not seen her at her work. Before I was going to hang up, I asked her what the son had said. "Nothing. He said nothing." At that point, I asked her to ask her older son, the one I know, to mow. We will see. I guess the one who mowed knew we were friends and did not want to say anything to get him in trouble.

As I tried to descend the steps from the porch, a hornet was in my way. I backed up. He backed off until I started down the steps again. Then, he came back. We played this game for a while. I think I have hornets under my porch. This is scary.

About 2 am, I cooked the pizza for exbf. It was huge! Instructions said to put it on the oven rack sans pan. No way. I will not cook directly on the oven rack. Instead I put it on the paper with foil on the back. When I tried to take it out by holding two sides of the paper, it folded almost into itself. At any rate, it is cut into crazy pieces and into freezer bags with slices kept apart from each other by waxed paper.

Since it had black olives and he hates them, I picked them off and ate them. I was hurting to much to stand any longer, so I left a few.

I was still awake at 3:30 when the royal wedding coverage came on TV, and I am still awake 10:30 am.

When I take a nap, I will tell you exactly how I feel about Meghan.

Do you ever cook directly on the oven rack?

5 comments:

  1. My husband cooks frozen pizzas on the oven rack. I always cook them on a pan. I used to use a pizza stone but it got dropped and broke and we haven't gotten around to replace it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel,
    As long as I have to clean the oven, there will be no rack cooking. I have heard of people throwing steaks on the rack! I always wanted a pizza stone, but seem to be doing okay without one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only frozen pizzas, black olives or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. urspo,
    Oh, pizza on the oven rack? I suppose you do not dislike oven cleaning as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.