Contact Me

Monday, April 30, 2018

Cars are expensive!

Several months ago, I took the car to Auto Zone and was told the battery was weak and alternator was fine. So, I limped along with a slow starting car. Last week, I had to have it jumped off. But, then it started slowly since then. It struggled to start.

Today, sleepy still and without a bath, at 2:30 I put on sort of clean clothes, half fixed my hair and went to bank. Then, I decided an ice cream cone from Burger King would be nice. I turned off the car at the window and you know what happened next. The car would not start.

Four people came out of BK to push my car to the parking lot. I could not steer with one hand. Even if I had not had a cone in my hand, my hands hurt too much to steer a car without power steering. So, one guy steered my car. Then, he jumped if off. It turned out he was a city employee eating there and was not a BK employee.

Oh, I had eaten broccoli before I left the house. Even though I brushed my teeth, as I licked the cone, I noticed little green spots of broccoli on the cone. I never checked my teeth, so I may have been gross all afternoon!

I headed to Auto Zone since I got the battery there. The guy said it was 100% charged but one cell was dead. Is that a thing? They would not take exbf's cc over the phone for a battery without the cc being present. So, I went to my guy who works on my car, his shop. He came in to me and said the battery was fine, that the starter was dragging.

That only cost over two times the cost of a battery. I was shocked. Exbf was not. I will never save enough money to get a hot water heater!  My May ss check is spent before I get it.

I actually got one load of laundry done before I left the house. Now, I need to cook a meal, a complete meal, and put color on my hair. Plus, I must go to laundry for one nasty load of clothing that needs hot water. Need a hot water heater! That one load of laundry in the washer needs to go in the dryer and part of it needs to be hung in the house.

It is 6 pm and I had too little sleep last night! UGH! Tomorrow, I have to be up early for the day which includes lunch (starts at 10:30 for program) and a doctor appointment. On the bright side, the car starts right up like a new car.

I have always known cars and repairs are expensive, but today drove that home once more.

Almost 9 pm, and I can barely move.

4 comments:

  1. Another tough day! How do you do it? I think I would crawl into bed and put the covers over my head. Just one day at a time I guess. I will keep my fingers crossed that your car still keeps running. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      Sheer will power is all that keeps me going some days! The owner of the shop said it was time for a new car. That won't be happening. I do think he meant a new-to-me car. Thanks. I need a good night's sleep right now.

      Delete
  2. I thought I left a comment, but I guess not! sorry about your car problem. It's always something, isn't it? Hopefully that's all that goes wrong and you can get your hot water heater soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One,
    Thanks. Always! It is wearing on me doing without the water heater.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.