Contact Me

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Alana and Bunny





The picture above was taken on a cold, drizzly March day. We went to a Craft Show here in town just before Easter. She was dressed in warmly in shoes, socks, jeans, and a shirt and sweater. When I saw this cute picture-taking event, I remembered the new outfit I had just bought her, one of her few ever bought pieces of clothing.

I went out in the rain, got the bag, and changed her for the photo. All the other kids were told by the parents to stand beside the giant bunny and the photo was snapped. It was a one-shot deal. I thought I could do better, so I said, "Alana, hug the bunny." She did as she was told and this was the precious photo. You know what I love the best?....her precious, curled little toes as she stood on tippy toes to hug. Ah, and the slight smile is so cute to me. Other mothers were wishing they had changed their children's clothes.

The way she followed directions impressed me. She did not try to wrestle the gigantic bunny  into  a bear hug and obviously was not capable of giving it a full-on hug. She just put her hands around the bunny only as far as she could and kept her face visible. When I took her picture, she always seemed very natural, not forcing a smile.

What are your favorite pictures of your child?

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Alex,
      Thanks. She was a cutie all the time!

      Delete
  2. That is a totally precious photo. And yes, her toes are incredibly cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have one of my son in a Mr. Peanut shirt and cutoffs, sitting on the front porch with toes curled under. I took it to make a copy and they decided to cut his feet off, and consequently, his little curled toes//

      Delete
  3. What a sweet heart, I love her outfit too, oh so sweet and a beautiful bunny too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. laurie,
      Thank you. I agree wholeheartedly. As her mother, you know I am totally biased.

      Delete
  4. That's cute, Linda. I don't think I have a favorite of my kids. We got a new camera 35mm Canon when DS was 2 and my husband took a lot of photos- the kind you develop and then hold LOL. Today I hardly have any photos of the grands because no one ever prints them out. I have good news- my youngest daughter and her husband are having a little boy mid-August. He will join granddaughter who will be 4 in May. I was so hoping GD would not be an only and now she will have a little brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      I know about the holding photos and how frustrating the digital ones are. My son does send me photos of his two. Yes, I do hate to see a child be an only child. Congratulations!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. slugmama,
      Thanks. I sure think so, but I may be biased.

      Delete
  6. So adorable! And the outfit is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that picture! She is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely photograph, most special.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ltm,
      Thank you, Jan. Yes, it is special to me.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.