Contact Me

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Easter Recipes Taste Testing

Before I went to the doctor on Sunday, I decided I was very hungry. Earlier in the week, I had planned to go to the Easter Tasting at Publix or whatever they called it. I felt so horrid I changed my mind. But, I was hungry and had not had breakfast or lunch. So, it seemed like I could taste test my hunger away. I went.

Everything was delicious. All the recipes are Publix Aprons recipes.  Here is the SITE.    I suppose you will have to search for each recipe. I did not look for each one.

They serve generous portions at Publix:

Bowtie Feta Pasta Bowl
Peach Gorgonzola Phyllo Cups
Strawberry Spring Salad
Carrot Cake (sold in Publix)
Cold Brew Mocha
something with strawberries, pineapple, whipped cream and a cake in cubes
Bourbon Honey Ham

I passed on the iced coffee. The carrot cake portion was tiny, and I only ate the frosting with a bit of the cake. The phyllo cups were a two bite portion.  My favorite was the Strawberry Spring Salad.

Everything else was at least a 1/2 cup serving. As I was going into the store, a friend coming out said, "You can have lunch in there." So true.

Then, I was off to the doctor. I do know how to have a good time.

I was too tired to write anything today, so you can browse recipes. Look for the deviled egg Easter Egg recipe. They are so cute!

Do you ever go to Publix when they have these tasting events? Or, do you ever happen upon or plan to taste new foods? Is there any one item that piques your interest and makes you drool like the pineapple recipe?


4 comments:

  1. Love those chickie deviled eggs! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kt,
      I want to make a couple for me. Exbf hates eggs, so no use making any for him. I thought they were adorable.

      Delete
  2. I'm hungry now but just going to have some oatmeal. My sis and I usually go to my daughter's house for Easter dinner. Last year our church had a brunch so we didn't eat until late. I'm the dessert lady so usually make something yummy- this year I've been dieting and really don't crave anything so I have no idea what I'll make! We usually don't have deviled eggs though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      Do you have to make all the desserts or just coordinate them? Deviled eggs are to me a must for Easter. Or, maybe every meal after for a couple of days. Maybe you can make a dessert you can pass by.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.