Contact Me

Friday, March 16, 2018

Such Depression

This is weighing me down so that I can barely think or move. I cannot afford the lenses for my glasses. So, I will not be reading or sewing.

The doctor I went to out of town before this new doctor caused me some problems. I just discovered he charged Medicare for plastic frames in 2012, so that seems like Medicare fraud. Plus, when I went for an eye exam and new lens, he did the exam and I got the new lens. When I told the tech who gave me the glasses with new lens that I cannot see, she checked with doctor. He said that was because I had cataracts.

I changed doctors.

It seems he should have told me before I had new lens made! So, since I got those lens that were worthless due to cataracts, I cannot get new lens until next year. So, it appears one more year with only one lens and a scratched one at that.

I know I can report him for Medicare fraud, but that won't get me new lens today like I anticipated.

I know I will get over this depression which is situational. So, don't any of you reactionary types start worrying for my life or suggest a psychiatrist.

13 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about this! Have you checked the prices of prescription eye glasses on-line? It is generally a lot less expensive. Also, check out this website: https://nei.nih.gov/health/financialaid -- I hope it helps you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter what I do, I will still owe the business for the lens that are made. I cannot get out of that even if I get a %2 pair of lens. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Linda, I agree, I'm very overdue for an eye exam, and once I have it I m going online for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter where they are cheap, I still owe for these lens.

      Delete
  3. This sucks! How much will your new glasses/lenses cost?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I order my last three pair of glasses from Zenni Optical online. I paid $50 for a pair with noline bifocals. I was very pleased with them. The eye Dr, needs to give you the measurments for your pupils so the lens get made correctly. It only a couple of weeks to come. They come with a nice hard case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara,
      That is good to know for the next pair I need.

      Delete
  5. All psychiatrists are quacks; I have it from the highest authority.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. urspo,
      I trust your higher authority! You should know.

      Delete
  6. I have cataracts too. I need to go in soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cataracts were gone last year. Then, the doctor had to laser out some bubbles behind the lens. That is what took so long between cataract removal and glasses.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.