Contact Me

Thursday, March 15, 2018

The Ides of March

Image result for black armband


When I was in high school, we members of the Latin Club wore black arm bands in mourning and remembrance of the assassination of Julius Caesar. The Latin Club also had toga parties. I still study my Latin to this day.

In the past, I have found people who did not believe that each months has an "ides." Of course, when three people say I am wrong, according to them, I am wrong. GAH!

So, here it is straight from the internet...lol. You know the internet is never wrong.

ENJOY.

I thought I would get more funny dog stories from the last post, but I suppose not.

Did you study Latin? Did you enjoy  Julius Caesar, Shakespeare's play?

5 comments:

  1. I didn’t - I was too thick. Latin and Science was all double Dutch to me.
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA I'm probably one of the few people reading your blog who had Latin in school. I took it freshman and sophomore years and then had French. It's not offered in many public high schools today. We also had German as an elective and a real 'cool' language lab. Thanks for the memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      I took it for one year and not the next because we had about six subs for long spells that first year. I had had enough and took Spanish for two years. Latin was discontinued here and then revived because of all the doctors in this small town. I am not sure if it is taught at all now. I studied Spanish, Greek, and Japanese in college. I would like to take German now. Language lab? Not for us. Thanks for the response. Yes, you may be the only one who took Latin.

      Delete
  3. that sounds a charming fun thing to do.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.