Contact Me

Sunday, March 4, 2018

Saving Money with Coupons or Not

Usually, I purchase a Sunday newspaper at WM for $1.85, including tax. However, some weeks there are no coupons I am sure I will use. If I buy the newspaper these weeks, I feel like I have wasted money. Well, I have. But, I don't buy if there are no coupons I will use or if there are no coupons.

For the last year or so I have gone HERE.  At this site I can see exactly how many inserts there will be in the paper, which inserts, and which coupons are available when I purchase a paper. I have an email in my inbox, so I don't even have to look for the site or wonder if the inserts are listed yet.

Last week, I saved a trip to WM and $1.85. If I don't make it to WM, I can go to the newspaper office and buy a paper for $2. The newspaper office is three blocks from me and has spots to park right on the street. It is probably easier for me to go the newspaper and buy a paper than it is for most people.

This week will be good with four inserts. One coupon is for $2 off Garnier. I will probably buy at least two papers. I will always buy hair color.

Do you have a tip with a good place to find coupons or deals at drug or grocery stores? Do you check online to see what inserts or coupons are available each week?

10 comments:

  1. I do. Though they tend to be online. I work away from home a lot and have to eat out - cheaper than eating in the hotel - so look out for % off meal deals.
    JP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me,
      I can see how your coupons might be different from mine. Savings in any place help.

      Delete
  2. I wish we had grocery coupons in Australia. The only problem I see with them is that often the foods are not real healthy looking. I check the catalogues each week for the specials before I shop for the specials and I use cash vouchers I get from doing surveys and credit card points that convert to cash. There is a good coupon site here I use very occasionally (Groupon) but its more for travel, household goods and clothing. I love watching that extreme couponing show - that would be me if I was in the US lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      There are plenty of coupons that are for things I buy that are not food. I try not to use the ones for unhealthy foods. I only need so many cookies and use very few boxed foods. We have groupon here, too, but those deals are for towns far away, so I unsubscribed. It sounds like you do the best with what is available for you. That would be fun to stock up like those women do. Do you follow sluggy?

      Delete
    2. yes, I do follow sluggy - love reading about her deals, she really knows how to get the bargains :)

      Delete
  3. I subscribe to the local paper on line so don't get inserts. I do check coupons.com before shopping for any I would use. The listings are in categories. I checked on the Garnier coupon and it is there - you can print 2, maybe 3. I've never had any problem using them and I do not have a color printer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bellen,
      It's cheaper to buy the paper than to subscribe to the small town daily paper. When my printer worked, I did print coupons. I bought a new one black Friday, but the friend who promised to set it up has not. I can set it up, but I cannot pick up the old one or place the new one. I need to call him!

      Delete
  4. I do check the coupon preview every week. We no longer get RP coupons in our papers, nor does it get delivered to our house, so I want to make sure the coupons are worth the money spent. Our papers cost $2 each, but you can get it at Dollar Tree for $1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Goose,
      Well, I just wasted $4 on two papers and there were no Garnier coupons in Red Plum as the site said. I checked again online, so I got it right. I am so annoyed. I will check the Dollar Tree to see if the paper is $1 there.

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry to hear that your Red Plum was missing the Garnier coupon. I hate when that happens. I know that coupons vary greatly by region. There is a $2/1 Garnier printable coupon on coupons dot com if you still need the coupon.

      Also, you can check hip2save or krazycouponlady for coupon previews. They usually get the list right. HTH

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.