Contact Me

Friday, March 2, 2018

Compliment, Frozen Yogurt, Candy, Vaccine

Thursday, the sun finally came out on Thursday and the rain stopped! And, it dried up just in time. People hadstarted building arks, and a friend said she saw people and animals going by two by two. The afternoon was as brilliant as the morning was gloomy. But, then it became cold! That's okay just as long as the sun shines.

When I was shopping at WM on Thursday, a woman greeted me in such a friendly manner that I knew we had to be acquainted. Plus, she looked familiar. When I met up with her a few minutes later, we had gone in a circle and met again, she greeted me familiarly. So, I asked her name and made no connection and asked her where I knew her. It turned out she was a teacher. Immediately, she started telling me what a good substitute I was when I did that, saying she was impressed with me and my ability, that I was an exceptional sub.

She was very effusive. I pressed her for what, exactly, impressed her. If I was that good, I surely wanted to know what I was doing so right. Wouldn't you? So, she did!

That made my day. I felt well that day. I was happy to start the day. But, I felt lighter after talking to her. I think I smiled more at others. I never knew she was a "fan."

Every day, I am going to pay genuine compliments to those who impress me, telling them exactly what they are doing to make such a positive impression. We all deserve to know what we did or are doing right.

One day, about two months ago, I told a young woman studying to be a nurse  what a good job she was doing and how she was an exceptional nurse in the making. The next time I saw her, I gave her explicit compliments, using examples of her exceptional character traits, work ethic, and bedside manner. She was thrilled. I was not trying to gain anything, just impressed and thought she should know how impressive she was.

FYI, I substituted at the end of my career, almost every day. Through the years, I had fallen back on substituting as a way to earn money between jobs and on periods when I was searching for a job after graduation. The pay was good for the job and better than retail. And, it was in my field.

moving on

At Publix I got my a2milk and went by the reduced freezer section. Oh my goodness. There was reduced frozen  yogurt. It was Kemps' Frozen Yogurt Shop fudge Brownie and Cookie Dough at $1 each for 1.78 pints. That is 7.12 pints overall, almost a gallon,  that I bought for $4.

I actually bought four containers even as I wondered where in the freezers I could put them. On the way home, I started eating one of the containers. There are spoons in the deli. There was no room in the freezer. What to do? I took out chicken breasts to cook and a package of ground beef for meat balls and put them in the refrigerator. Soooo, now I must cook!

Three containers  fit in the freezer after I took the meat out. I ate part of the fourth container I started in the car and dumped the rest into a freezer bag. This way, it could be shoved into a corner of the freezer. Sure, it will be a funny shape, but I can eat ice cream in a funny shape. Can you?

A display of Russell Stover eggs caught my attention. Of course, they would! My electric cart went straight to the chocolate display.  I bought one of the Raspberry Whip Eggs. Now, I do remember these, but my loyalties have moved to the Coconut Cream Eggs that I still don't remember eating.

Thursday, I received my last pneumonia vaccine that I will ever need. This is a newly formulated vaccine. Now, each person is recommended to have one each of two different vaccines a year apart. Vaccines are recommended not only for elderly, but people who have asthma or are smokers. I am not a smoker, but I have trouble breathing around any degree of smoking or anything with particulates in the air.

Since I have taken pneumonia shots/vaccines, my sinus problems have been fewer and farther between. The sinus infections are less virulent. There is less down time. Before, a sinus infection raced from head to ears to throat to chest, leaving me very ill. When ir spreads to other parts, the infection is milder and does not leave me totally incapacitated.

As the nurse was telling me the benefits of the vaccine years ago, she mentioned all these benefits. I could hardly believe it, but it is true.

The sun is shining today, Friday, so I am going out to plant bulbs.

Your turn
Are the Russell Stover Raspberry Cream Whip Eggs on your radar? Has anyone checked out the freezer reduced section at Publix? Do you get the pneumonia vaccine? If you do, have you noticed a lessening of your sinus problems and less virulent symptoms when you do have a problem?


3 comments:

  1. We check the reduced and discontinued freezer at Publix every time we go there. Most of the time there is nothing I need or want, but occasionally__bingo!
    Compliments are the easiest thing in the world to pay. I have the option of using 2 different post offices, both about the same distance from my house. One has the rudest employees and the other has the nicest. I sent an email to the Postmaster General (cc. to anyone I thought might have anything to do with employment and personnel about how the employees at the "good" one are always smiling and incredibly helpful. As a result of my and other's comments they got a special commendation and they are even nicer and more helpful now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne,
    About one out of ten looksees at the reduced frozen door leads to a bingo! for me, but I continue to look.

    I will in a heartbeat complain about rude employees, so when I find a particularly nice and helpful employee, I find the manager and report the exceptional service.

    Compliments are easy to pay. The extended effort like you gave is not often paid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for giving out a daily compliment! This will nurture much in others and in yourself for you will start seeing more 'good' in people this way.
    I have never heard of these eggy things on which you write. They sound tres sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.