Contact Me

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Just a few things

As of Wednesday afternoon, Walmart had thrown out over $700K in merchandise according to a manager. Today, an employee said they still had thrown out more and had even more to throw away. Of course, insurance pays for all this.

Exbf got his first ss check deposited to his account. He was elated it was done. Tuesday, he goes for disability hearing. He is glad things are moving along. I imagine he has too many assets to collect anything. But, there is other help for people with disability.

He won't make it to the lunch on Tuesday. He may come Monday for our Easter. Or, I might go down there if his church is having anything. I checked with him. They are not.

I slept from 9 pm on Thursday night until 2:15 Friday afternoon. I awoke for an hour at midnight and an hour or so about 7 am. This is always a sign I am ill. Since I finished the two meds for ear that I suspect are making me feel so awful, maybe I will feel better. I am not one to lounge about in bed and sleep. I might lie down because of my back and watch tv, but not just sleep for hours.

I had a box in my trunk that J put in there. When I looked in the box, I was shocked at the contents. When I pack anything, the contents are similar. I had a guy at Lowe's move it to the front seat so he could put things in the trunk. This box had gardening stuff and about four or five disparate categories. I cannot remember them right now. But, there were my grass shears, pack of gloves, about a dozen seed packets, root hormone, and needed garden items. I have no idea who packed this box and called it good.

There is still junk on the car on the passenger side floor that needs to be examined, sorted and bagged. I may need one of the receipts on the floor...lol. At any rate the bottles need to go into recycling and cans in a bag to take to recycling place.  This should all be a five-minute job, but these things take hours over many days for me to do.

Today, I was walking to the house from the car, taking things inside and had an armload because I had no plastic bag in the car. I was talking to exbf on my cell phone. About half way to the house, I panicked. "Oh, no, where is my phone. Oh, I cannot find my phone. Oh no, oh no! I hope I did not lock it in the car. Oh no!"

"Oh, it's right here in my hand." He started laughing so loud. He said that was funnier than someone losing their glasses on the person's head.  This a man who rarely chuckles and definitely does not laugh aloud.

I am so accustomed to a panic when I cannot find my phone. I forgot I now had the key safe on the door. That thing is so difficult to get open. At least, it was for me the first time I did it.

Today, I got my first glimpse of neighbor down the street taking his newborn twins for a walk. He stopped at the end of my driveway. So cute. Three months old preemies (boy and girl), so fat and cute. There was a plastic sign strapped to each of their car seats--DO NOT TOUCH ME UNTIL YOU HAVE WASHED YOUR HANDS. I thought this was a good idea, having a sign to put up right near the baby's face on the side of the carrying handle.


6 comments:

  1. that is so funny about your phone! That's a smart way to keep people from wanting to touch the babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      After I quit stammering, and he quit laughing so hard, and I stopped blushing, it was funny to me, also. I thought those signs were a genius idea. I looked for them on the internet and could not find them. However, there were others.

      Delete
  2. I reread this a few times as I was aghast about the 'do not touch' signs. It is my opinion if the tots are out and about exposed to things the signs are rather redundant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People want to touch the face and hands of babies, exposing them to more than any infant can reach or touch. Did you read about the infant who died from herpes at about ten days from a kiss from an infected person. People are stupid, rude, and feel entitled to handle babies since they raised a baby of their own and it did not die. I like the sign.

      Delete
  3. I think those signs are stupid. Nobody should touch a baby without permission to begin with. I felt that way about the dumb "Baby on Board" signs too. I felt it was ridiculous--as if you're saying driving like a jackass is o.k. around every other car but this one, because it has a baby on board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      Those stupid signs are for people so stupid they think they have a right to touch a baby. Oh, the baby on board signs made me nuts. Like, let's run into all the cars except the ones with babies in them. I still occasionally see one of those signs.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.