Contact Me

Monday, April 2, 2018

Foiled Easter Plans

About 2 am, Easter morning, I decided to go to WM since I had forgotten to buy a paper. I got that and a few other things, too. I decided I would swing into Lowe's and see what was on their front porch area. But, there was no light there, pitch black. So, I did not turn in but kept going and was going to exit to a business on the right, circle the parking lot and go back the way I came toward home.

Since Chick fil A turns off every blessed light, I could not see it. All of a sudden, I saw it and slowed, getting into the turn lane and turning into the parking lot. Well, blue lights lit up my car. I could not imagine what I did. Of course, I stopped all cattywampus. The police officer was very nice. He said that I was going 45 mph and suddenly braked and was going 30mph and turned off the road. That was all.

I told him about going to Lowe's and changed my mind and how I could not see CFA and suddenly did and braked hard to get into the parking lot to turn around. He then understood why I did what I did.

He said that when people see him behind them that they change what they are doing suddenly and try to turn off to avoid him. He said he could see now that I was not doing drugs or drinking. BUT, my tag was expired, so he had to address that. He told me it expired in 2017. I assured him I had the 2018 tag and started digging in the packages of pink cups in the floor of the passenger side. He asked if I just like pink or what.

I laughed and told him I hated the red party cups and loved pink. Since they don't sell them all year, I just bought a year's supply.  He offered to put the tag on and I promised to get my tag on Monday or Tuesday, and I will. That whole encounter was a little unnerving. But he was a very nice man.

We will be eating Easter meal/food on Tuesday, so I was going to cook it today and tomorrow. Well, today continued not to go smoothly.

Hen was frozen so solidly with shrink wrap packing so tight, I could not get it the wrapping off without maybe cutting myself, so I left it in the sink after I ran water over it.

Eggs I was going to boil were all floaters. The egg carton had last Sept as the date. ??? Finally, I dug in the refrigerator and unearthed the April 20 ones.

I decided to eat some of the $1 Russell Stover chocolate bunny. It was gross. The brand was Parker! When I went to the store today, I got a $3 one, very large. $1 were sold out. We will split it because it was too expensive and neither of us needs that much chocolate. I got other things I needed at the store.

Since I am fighting a flea infestation, I used natural Cutter about 12 hours ago or longer and can still taste it and smell it. The Natural OFF I purchased also, shoots out a stream not a spray. At the store today I got some OFF and do not care if it has DEET.

For a while today, Sunday, nothing was going right! Eventually, I ate three boiled eggs, and they were so delicious. The hen smells so scrumptious. I don't think anything else can go wrong today. Then, I ate another boiled egg.

So, that was my Easter. I could have cooked a meal or gone somewhere, but I actually do not feel well enough and have not all weekend.

10 comments:

  1. I do not know if this works or not but my grandparents swore by it. For a flea infestation they cut black walnut branches and put them under all the furniture. Of course I have no idea who has a black walnut tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the officer was nice. I can see why they'd be stopping someone at 2 in the morning, appearing to drive a little erratically LOL. Fleas....reminds me my dogs are due to have their Flea treatment applied!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      Of course, only a crazy person would be out that time of night...lol. Long ago, a friend said I should wear flea collars on my ankles...lol.

      Delete
  3. I am glad you did not get a ticket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex,
      So am I. All I would have had to do was get the tag/sticker and show it to court and pay nothing. But, that is a pain in the neck.

      Delete
  4. What an Easter! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      It was just a bunch of glitches that all together was a pain. Eventually, the day got better...lol.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.