Contact Me

Friday, March 9, 2018

Friday Was a Very Good Day

Friday did not start off a good day. I awoke sweaty around my neck and hair was soaked. I will be glad when the weather decides what it is going to be.

My first  thing was to go to the doctor while I am well! The receptionists and nurses were all compliments about how well I looked, like I felt better. One said she felt so sorry for me when I came in back when I either had flu or pneumonia, not sure which time. Since I told them I had not complaints, they were puzzled.

I talked to doctor and now I will not get uti again. Well, that is the hope and plan.

The doctor would not consider changing my diabetes meds, but I can go to original doctor who now works in Decatur. Okay, I can do that. Still hopeful, here. I do not need stronger meds, just different one that do not cause a reaction.

Employees at Walmart commented on how good I looked. Okay, and men smiled and spoke. hmmm...I did not even have on makeup today. Now, I love the compliments, but I wonder how bad I looked before. So, it made me happy to look well, not at all about men talking and smiling. I just am so happy to feel better than I have since last August.

One female employee heard another tell me how well and nice I looked today. Another told me it was the color of the sweater I had on. It is a purply-pink. Plum? Well, it is in the pink and red family that really are my favorites and do compliment my coloring. I am a winter, .
Pharmacist explained things about the pneumonia vaccine. I was fine at first. Then, I had huge raised, red place that hurt and itched. I did not scratch or take aspirin. He said the worse the reaction a person had, the more protection the person was getting. Do I have that right all you medical types. He assured me I would have less virulent sinus infections. Since the sinus problems are almost non-existent now, I am hoping for a miracle cure...lol.

I had terrible chills for about three days that swept in waves down my face and onto neck and chest. He told me about those, too. Fever is what I think he said. Hopefully, that explains all the sweaty nights. I just thought I could not regulate my temp anymore...lol...I think of strange things.

Maybe all these things mean nothing to anyone else and do not seem enough to make the day a good one. Well, I have been too ill for too long and hope is a powerful reason to be happy. Plus, I felt well and light on my feet. Oh, and I lost 2 lbs at doctor's office After eating and drinking a full bottle of water. And, the sun was shining gloriously.

The fruit flies are back in force. That has caused great unhappiness for the last few weeks. I am just not fast enough to swing the electric flyswatter at them. Plus, they hide on the window sill behind things and I am not prepared to clear the kitchen by swinging the flyswatter at them. So, I purchased a $25 cordless Black and Decker vacuum.

The fruit flies got in all food I tried to prepare. They got into the refrigerator and freezer. I was tired of the little monsters last year and beside myself this year. So, this hope made me very happy.

Just as the daffodils faded, the tulips bloomed. I was hoping the would bloom at approximately the same time for a spectacular display. I am so pleased they bloomed without my having to dig them up.

Groceries today: eggs. 5 lbs carrots, leaf lettuce, Cadbury Chocolate Crème Eggs (5-pack). I never can find the chocolate filled eggs, so now I have and that is my Easter candy this year. And, exbf will get one of the chocolate eggs, too.
Eating out: one soft taco supreme from Taco Bell. And I got the senior discount.

Looking back over this, it seems like a bunch of silliness and nothing to make me very happy. But, it did.

Have you ever had a day full of good health and good news about your health that you felt the day was a good day?  What thing or things made you happy on Friday?

8 comments:

  1. I have had good news about DH's health that has made the day seem wonderful--everything just a little bit brighter.
    I also know how good it feels to wake up and realize that you are actually feeling well--and then realize that you hadn't been feeling well in a long, long time. I am glad you are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      I am glad to hear you had good news about his health. When feeling ill is the new normal, it is amazing to wake up well and have hope that things will be different. Thanks. I hope I will stay well.

      Delete
  2. It made me smile to think that you were feeling so well! May you be blessed with excellent health! I would love to see you be able to do all the things you are always wanting to get done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      That makes two of us smiling today. I was talking to a friend about her knee that is swollen. She said we should face the fact we are old and things go wrong. Well, that seems defeating. I am working for the optimum health and not just giving up to being old. However, I am realistic. I was reading about the serious health issues Scott Baio's wife is going through and thought--here she is young, beautiful, and wealthy and has serious problems. So, I feel really lucky to at least to have a healthy youth. I want to get things done, but the truth is that I will have to pay someone to do some things, like move my sewing machine. Thanks for the good thoughts.

      Delete
  3. Good for you to recognize a good day and stop and appreciate it! It is nice to read others saw it as well. May they be often for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. URSPO,
      Thanks. Saturday and Sunday were good days too. In other words, I am well. Thank you.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.