Contact Me

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Three Free Things in the Mail Today

*$300 AT&T Rewards Card
*Meeting with light snacks
* Free haircut

First of all, the bad news. In order to get the $300, I have to bundle with AT&T and get Direct TV. Not for me. I am permanently out of their clutches and onto them!

The meeting with light snacks will be dinner for me. If not, only a bit more food will be needed later. Or, I could eat lightly beforehand. Snacks are always nutritious and never chips or such.

As I called, I read the card and it seems they cater to men. The woman said they could cut long women's hair, but they have no round brushes or products. They never use them for me, anyway. I told her I wanted to come in with hair washed and dried, get a haircut, and walk out. She said they could do that. 

Maybe no products means there will be no perms in the air. I doubt men use hairspray as much as they did a few years ago. At any rate, there should be less scents.

AND, the haircut is $14 not $18 like the other shop where I was thinking about going. If this works out, I may go back after the free haircut.

I explained the bad haircut and told her I did not want it "fixed," just made to look a little better. I could end up with a pixie haircut if anyone tries to make it perfect.

I told her I liked to come in with hair washed and dried, get a cut, and walk out. She said they can do that. So, hurray. I have until May 11 to use the coupon. Of course, a tip will be in order. So, that will make it a $5 haircut.

A free haircut and free snacks for dinner are two savings I can use. Boo to AT&T.

(I just went out to get mail and the wind is killing me with all the allergens. I have been sneezing and eyebrow area and nose really hurt.)

Have you gotten the ATT offer and Sportsclips offer in the mail? Do you ever have meetings where nutritious snacks are provided?

8 comments:

  1. I do the same thing at the hairdresser, wash my hair right before I go and I never get it dried after its cut - can't stand sitting in the chair that long and fluffing about. well done on getting a free cut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, Since I want it cut dry, I just let it dry with no blowing about. I cannot stand the shampoo chair, having people scratch my scalp, their shampoo, the "do" they give me, products in my hair, hairspray...so I get what I need and go. Going to a hairdresser is not a fun time for me. Thanks. And, after the cut from exbf, I was going to need a cut. I am glad to know there are people like me.

      Delete
  2. Linda one of the service people for ATT told me they are trying to get all their customers off the analog line and on to digital. You can tell them you need to remain analog for medical reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to have my hair blow dried but it's too expensive for me to even think about right now. The thing I hate about hair dressers is the judgy way they ask if I ever considered chemical straightening, or colour, or longer hair or a "treatment"
    I just want them to do what they are asked and not make suggestions. I am perfectly capable of thinking of these things myself, if I happen to want them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I love your hair. It has that wild and bohemian look. Do not change it. You know, if they can "improve" you, you will pay them for their efforts.

      I get suggestion for giving my hair "volume." I come from flat-haired women. We like it that way.

      Volume usually involves cutting my hair to about three inches on top so it can lay down like a guy's hair. OR, I can tease it, spray it and worry about it all the time. This has been done without asking me, just took it upon herself to improve my looks without asking me. She got an earful and I did not pay for the haircut.

      When some of these hairdressers look at my hair, they must assume I never do.

      Delete
  4. at least you read these things. when I get something like this my eyes glaze over and toss it. the word 'free' immediately evokes this response.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. urspo,
      I once ignored a letter from car insurance company. Months later, I opened the letter, thinking it was a receipt or something useless. No, it was a check for over $100. Same thing happened a few months ago when I was ill and let mail stack up. So, I do see what is inside all letters. Well, not all.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.