Contact Me

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Things I Find When I Clean the House

Well, I did not actually clean anything yet. Just picking up this plastic bag and that plastic bag, I find things I actually need and things I forgot I had. Yeah, this is more like digging out than actually cleaning.

In one bag, I found the receipt for my TV, dated 11/30/2017. Since I plan to return the TV on Tuesday, this will be handy. Neither of us remembered which of his credit cards I used. I use one of his credit cards for high price items or any electronics so the item can be disputed more easily. Once, he used his credit card and I handed him $110 in cash. The clerk did a double take. "Security," I told him. The clerk did not understand the appearance of a cc and cash at the same time.

The loud pops emanating from the TV are concerning me. I think it might explode or catch on fire.. A guy who knows said it is probably the speaker and not dangerous, as I fear. At any rate, I am returning it. Being without sound is not what I want.

I was concerned with the 30-day return policy. From the receipt I see I bought a 2-year replacement policy. It is the first warranty I have ever purchased and it appears it is a good thing.

In another bag was a half bag of Christmas Kisses. Yay me! I knew I bought Kisses I did not eat, but never could find them. Then, I figured I ate them and did not remember.

A pair of Halloween tights bought for $.75 for older g-daughter have now made an appearance at almost Easter.

A bag of almost expired coupons from 4 papers surfaced, too. These need to be clipped soon. Okay, the coupons are clipped and the rest can go to a woman who uses them for food bank items.

I uncovered a box of birthday cards. I buy the box of 12 for $2.98. I need those soon.

So many expired coupons and old magazines go right into the trash right along with the AARP magazines I intended to read.

The white onions and garlic I never planted due to being ill smell funky after months of being in a plastic bag. I wonder if they are still good. ???

This is like an archaeological dig.

 I wrote the above several days ago and then lost my oomph and quit the dig.

My oomph stealer was an earache of epic proportions. The gland below ear is swollen, The ear itself hurts to touch it. My eyebrow hurt and the area in front of the ear. Today, I got an injection and three prescriptions.

When I lie on the left side, the side with ear doing poorly, it hurts. When I lie on the left side, I can hear fluid running and gurgling. I cannot lie on my back.

Formerly, the sinus congestion of a few days ago would have rapidly have progressed to my ears, throat, and lungs. I feel incredibly lucky this is only an earache, although she said my throat was very red on that side. This is all bad but so much better than it has been in the past with pollen problems.

Oh, yes, I forgot the fever for days. I thought I could beat this all back but could not.

The house is neither clean nor shoveled out!

Has the pollen gotten to you? Do you "find" things when you clean or look into places?

10 comments:

  1. I have double corner cabinets built in the dining room along with a buffet. I emptied everything out of each of them and "found" a lot of misplaced things. I also "found" a huge box of stuff for goodwill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Isn't it amazing? I put things where I will know where they are, and I don't know. I had a paper bag in the closet for years where I put things for a yard sale or donation. It was funny what got into that bag, things I had not intention of selling or giving away. Well, it was not the same bag, just a new one when the full bag left the house. I found a nice bracelet in a bag of miscellaneous junk. I am glad I did not just toss the whole thing.

      Delete
  2. When I was growing up our family of 5 - parents and 3 girls - lived in a 1000sq ft house that had no basement and no attic to speak of. We quickly learned that everything brought into the house had to be put away where it belonged. I've kept that to this day. Hubby has not so he often buys something he absolutely must have and then searches for it or buys another. There are days I wish I could find some surprise but it won't happen. Happy hunting to you and feel better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bellen,
      We had five kids and parents and house as small as yours. When there were four kids, we each had a dresser drawer. I don't remember a lot of clutter.

      Delete
  3. I used to be able to tell someone exactly where an item they were looking for was in my home, but no more. Now if I have something really important I don't want to misplace (like a letter), I put it in my underwear drawer- works great! I have been cleaning out tubs/boxes and getting rid of things I DON'T need which is a lot LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      Same here as to finding anything I wanted or someone else was looking for. Now, not so much at all. I am flat in bed, too ill to do anything. I got rid of stuff a few days ago and organized some things. I have come to a full stop now.

      Delete
  4. Earaches are so painful. My only area that gets cluttered is my desk, so at least it'a all confined to that small area and easily found, haha. When the kids were growing up my whole house was cluttered and I was always trying to find stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      This is my first experience with one so bad, at least that I can remember. Kids do help create clutter. My daughter lost about ten pair of clean panties once. I had to find them. At least you have got it all down to one small spot.

      Delete
  5. I always find so many things I have put away, but then forgot that I have bought. I hope you are doing better with your earache problems. With all that pain and "sounds", it sounds miserable. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. tana50,
    Lately, that has been me with the looking for stuff. I feel worse but ear does not hurt so much, just whole body now. miserable, yes. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.