Contact Me

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

New Tick Species and Meat Allergy

I already have a mammal product allergy. This is even scarier.

Monday
Today. I ran all day with no sleep Sunday night. At 5:30 pm I finally got to sleep and slept until 11:30 pm/ I feel so much better.

My tires were wobbling and exbf said a tire was low. None were over 2 lbs low, so I am not sure why the tires felt wobbly. They feel like they are falling off.

I got my free haircut at Sportsclips. The girl was so nice and patient with me. I was so nervous about a new person cutting my hair. I assured her I did not want her to make my cut perfect, just less awful. She spent a lot of time showing me what had happened to my hair--where it was cut so wrong. She assured me I had done a great job on the right side of my hair, but the left was so bad she said she could not fix it. I am happy with my bangs, so she knew all this and did not offer to fix the bangs.

I really like her. That is a high compliment from me for a beautician who gives me a first-time cut.

While there, I saw the Honduran wife of a friend who was killed in a car wreck. He went to Honduras, found her, paid for English lessons, spent a small fortune making her a citizen. Yet, she still has to endure being called "Mexican," She was dirt poor and now is a wealthy woman. We all miss him. There is no shame in being a Mexican, but the name is used as a pejorative.

My a2milk was on sale. I only took enough money in to get one half-gallon. Now, I must get more before it goes off sale tomorrow. Publix is very close.

My one remaining Hosta is flourishing. I do believe I can divide it into three more plants and have really large ones this year. None will be in the ground! Hopefully, the ground squirrels will not find them on a table. I need a little greenhouse!

For many years when I was a child, I played in the woods and tall grass. When I was eight, Mama found a tick in the top of my head and removed it. As far as I know, that is the only time I ever had a tick attach itself to me. I will ask the allergist if that caused my allergy to mammal products. I have an appointment in two weeks.

I still feel very well and cannot believe my good fortune in probably not getting so ill again. Now, for mosquito season...sigh.

Some of you have the same fear of beauticians. Oh, I put hair color on my hair and feel human and like hair is not so awful.

6 comments:

  1. Mammalian meat allergy from ticks is a very large problem in some parts of Sydney. People tend to get the symptoms a few hours after eating so one of the clues to diagnosis is if symptoms start late at night.
    I'm pleased your hairdresser was nice, what a relief!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      Yes, I was a nervous wreck. I will certainly recommend her. I have never heard or read of any of this about ticks and meat. I will have to find out more. thanks.

      Delete
  2. if you have lyme disease, eating meats- including fish- may cause anaphylactic shock.

    keep benadryl tablets and/or a generic epinephrin pen with you always.
    avoid all meats.
    there are plenty of legumes, nuts, and other seeds for protein.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah,
      I will check into this. Mama said I had an aversion to meat since I was an infant. I do keep an epipen with me at all times. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I don't go to shops to get my hair cut. I can do it wrong for free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      I got it cut wrong with the free haircut from friend. The shop cut was free and made it look better.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.