Contact Me

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball~Be Still My Heart

Great Balls of Cheese


I am so in love with this recipe, Chocolate Chip Cheese Balls. Or, am I in love with the idea of this recipe?  I think I want this book!


Ingredients
  1. 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
  2. 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
  3. 1/2 cup sugar
  4. 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
  5. 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  6. 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  7. 1 teaspoon espresso powder, optional
  8. 1 cup mixed chocolate and white chocolate chips, for coating
  9. Chocolate cookies or vanilla wafer cookies, for serving

Directions

  1. In a double boiler or a glass bowl set over simmering water, melt the semisweet chocolate and unsweetened chocolate, stirring occasionally. When it's smooth, remove it from the water, and add the sugar. Stir until combined, and let cool, about 15 minutes.
  2. Using a stand mixer or a bowl and a spatula, blend the chocolate mixture, cream cheese, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and espresso powder, if using. Form the mixture into a ball, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight.
  3. Before serving, roll the cheese ball in the chocolate chips to coat. Serve with chocolate cookies or vanilla wafers. Yield 15-29 servings.
  4. No, I have not made this. I will have to wait for an occasion
  5. when I will not have this all to myself.
  6. Has anyone ever enjoyed anything like this, 
    a dessert cheese ball? Wouldn't this look cute in an egg shape for Easter?


7 comments:

  1. chocolate, fat, salt, and sugar - what more does one want in life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't ever made any kind of cheese ball, it's an American kind of thig. Here we put everything in a slab tin and call it a slice.
    Only yesterday I was commenting that butter and sugar are the perfect combination! In almost any quantities and this is pretty much the same :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      Lost my reply...grr...twice. I did not realize that this was an American thing. I have only made on cheese ball ever. I prefer to buy them...lol...usually I am in such a hurry. This certainly falls in the dessert category but the cream cheese qualifies it for a cheese ball, a very delicious dessert and party food.

      Delete
  3. OK I am petty sure this would be right up my alley! When you make it call and I will drive up for a taste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Will do. We could become ill without having another twenty people to share this.

      Delete
  4. That looks absolutely delicious! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.