Contact Me

Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Shortages from Strike

 I read about six articles for the lists of things we will miss first. It seems bananas are at the top of all the lists. Tomorrow, I will buy about five pounds of bananas and peel, cut in half and freeze. I refuse to leave the peel on. Using those are like peeling snot as I have said before. I will take the frozen pieces of bananas, thaw, mash and drink in about a cup of milk. This will serve to satisfy my banana need. I will buy extra hair color, too. I don't think tp will be short, at least not according to articles. Who knows?(rhetorical)

I took an hour nap before the debate. Dinner was leftovers from yesterday--meatloaf, broccoli, smidgens of Brussels sprouts, and green beans. Tommy heated up a can of mixed vegetables and had those, too. Later, I saw the mixed vegetables through the glass storage container. I thought it was candy corn in the refrigerator. No, it was corn and carrots I saw. Just up from a nap makes me confused sometimes. Besides, I don't know where the tiny bag of candy corn and Autumn mix is right now. 

Today, the city's contractor cleaned up the yard next door, except they left dead vines hanging from the top of the porch. Plus, they left six-foot weeds in between two fences. Trees are in there, too. I sent an email to city dept on Friday. That worked better than talking to people. I did mention that mosquitoes and rats were a problem. 

Two packages were on the front porch when we came home. One huge and heavy one was luggage, 5 pieces from Macy's for $79, free shipping. The other, tiny, was a box of my hair color. Yes, the luggage is cheap, but it will only go to car and into a motel or hotel, so no air travel to endure. 

Tomorrow will start early, so I dread tomorrow. But, I eagerly look forward to it.

If I can remember, I will make salmon croquettes on Wednesday. I really want gravy with them. Maybe Tommy will make the white sauce. I will teach him how to brown it. 

The lack of sun and cool weather has been very pleasant. But, tomorrow the sun and heat will be back. At least, no rain. 

3 comments:

  1. Yesterday I did my monthly shop...and I admit.. bananas were top of my list. I too have frozen them... but for me its for hubbys favourite banana bread... which also has chocolate chips in it..so I got extra of those too.
    Salmon croquettes sound delicious... you have inspired me.
    And.... Im actually longing for rain. It was 105 yesterday...and forecast to be hotter today. This Brit is not coping well....lol
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what happened with the dogs? Did the owners get them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      I have to call the court to find out!

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.