Contact Me

Thursday, October 17, 2024

Absentee Ballots

 Last night, we sat and talked about what we were going to do today. We decided that getting an application for an absentee ballot was first on the list. Plus, we needed to get copies of our driver's license to send off with the ballot request. 

That sounds easy enough. Right? Not at all. We went to library and Tommy renewed his library card while I obtained one from his library. First, Tommy started off telling the woman our needs backwards. Then, while I was on computer, he was using the mouse to click on things. I don't know if it was the computer or his clicking around while I tried to work. But, we never found the site and information I found at home to make sure we could find the site easily. 

I sent him back to the front to ask a question and he never came back. It was so far to the front. I did not think I would make it. All the chairs were hard plastic molded kind. I told Tommy I was waiting in the car. Finally, he came out with all we needed. My back was surviving. My car seat is sooo comfortable. 

We picked up the grocery ads on the way there and some on the way back. I still have not looked at them. 

As we neared the house, Tommy exclaimed 'that was our mower.' Then, when we got home, the yard was mowed. So, I called mower and told him we were here if he wanted his money. He came back. He left and then we had something else to give him, so he came back again. Tommy usually writes a check but used cash today since he still has car money from when he sold it. 

Tommy was funny giving me a $50 bill to buy envelopes. He was cute being the bigshot, asking me if that was enough. 

I barely got into the house and went to sleep in my chair for about an hour. For dinner--chicken breast, two kinds of slaw, mushy tomato that I could not finish, and an apple. Tommy had chicken breast sandwich with bbq sauce, coleslaw, and mushy tomatoes. The insides of the tomatoes are the consistency of applesauce! He said I ate the last of one kind of slaw, the kind with kale. 

It is 8 pm, and I have to hang black clothes, use leg pumps, and fill out request for absentee ballot. It is not a lot, but it feels like it. We will mail it at PO tomorrow. We need to go to his credit union to deposit his cash. Also, take recycling to Publix. 

I think putting out our few Halloween decorations will be on the list for tomorrow. We also need to separate plants outdoors. Some are dead. Some are still alive. Tommy quits watering plants when they start to 'die' instead of reviving them with water. Maybe next year, I will just have bulbs. Maybe I will start packing tomorrow. The request for the absentee ballot is foremost. We do need to make reservations for hotel rooms! I keep forgetting.

Do you vote by absentee ballot? 

What are your plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.