Contact Me

Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Tommy's Bulging Wallet

 Today was a good day, not rough, just extremely tiring. We went to Cullman. The car drove beautifully. Skies were clear. I wore a light sweater since it was 44F when we left about 9 am. He refused to get a light jacket. I worry for him, but we have a throw in the car. 

We were going to pick up a lunch and then go to lunch and learn at the Ag Center. When we got our lunch, we picked up two for friends in their nineties. This is the guy who kept trying to touch me, to 'boop my nose" when I refused to let him hurt my injured shoulder. He was a pain once again. Next time, he will have to go to Tommy's window. 

We left their lunch and extricated ourselves and headed to the Lunch and Learn to hear about bulbs. I learned a lot even though I have been planting bulbs for years. I am always successful. 

We sat in the car and ate. We only ate one lunch. Tommy had the soup while I ate the salad. The soup was like chili with vegetables. I had the salad. We called to see what was on the menu. I brought chopped chicken to add to mine. It was a great salad after the chicken was added. 

I learned lots about bulbs and participated in the question-and-answer session. 

We were given bulbs just dug--lots of kinds of narcissus, spider lily, and some bulbs she did not know the kind. So, with our newfound knowledge, we have many free bulbs, about $30 dollars worth if we bought them from Lowe's.

Afterwards, we went to have the other fob made for Tommy's car. It was ordered but never came in, so that is for another trip. We then went to get my lens changed. I did not have my debit card, so Tommy used his cc. I insisted on repaying him. So, I went to bank and got over $200. He was thrilled to have 'real money' in his wallet. 

While waiting on my glasses, we went to DQ and got a horrible milk shake. I keep forgetting I hate their milkshakes. Plus, two milkshakes cost $10. 

As were on the way home, cleaner called me to say she wanted to come get the Rogue. When we got home, I called her. She and her friend came. I had just set down in my chair and pushed it all the way back. I thought I was awake when she came, but I could not talk and make sense or type out a bill of sale. I mailed it to her daughter and received a reply with her electronic signature. 

This bill of sale is an acknowledgement of the lack of title right now and an acknowledgement of money paid and received. She said she will not drive it. She just wants to get it before mower tries to buy it out from under her. Mower and cleaner are friends. 

She paid Tommy $500 cash. He was so happy to have money. He was showing me how stuffed his wallet was now. He is enjoying having money. Later, he said, "I suppose I should put most of this money into the credit union." So, he has had his ecstasy of having cash on his person, and he has come to his senses. He has $707 in tens and twenties plus one five and two ones. 

So, we have bulbs, maybe three dozen. 

We had to pay $10 each for the lunch and learn. I ate one triangle of baklava and Tommy had one bit of naan bread. I suppose free bulbs make up for lack of lunch I could eat and that he did not want. Okay, he had the rest of my lunch (Mediterranean salad and roasted potatoes) for dinner with another bowl of soup. 

The outdoor temperature was 61F when we came home today. Amazingly, it was only 56F in the house. We grabbed throws. 

I went to bed for two hours and got up still groggy. 

Now that I am up and have watched Nova, I will have Tommy's salad with more chopped chicken on it. 

There are still two more meals for other days. No, there are three salads and one soup left or something. I don't get the food math, but that is what he said. I may have to cook one day soon. sigh

The  Ag has a broom-making class next week. I want to go, but it starts at 6 pm. Besides, we have to pack and rest to go out of town. Maybe they will have it another time. 

I think I will sleep well tonight! 

Has anyone ever taken a broom-making class?

Do you plant bulbs? What kind?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.