Contact Me

Monday, October 21, 2024

Halloween Decorating

 



Me?

This must be me above, my sentiments, anyway. Carpets, too, are a problem.

Today, I slept until 12:30 pm, mainly because I did not sleep until about 6 am. Cleaner was going to come and called an hour ahead. Well, I realized I only had about 20 minutes to rest, so went to bed. I got to sleep about two hours because she did not come when she said. No problem. I was in my gown and stayed in my gown while she was here. 

I had her dust surfaces where I was going to decorate for Halloween. I mostly have pumpkins with which to decorate in here. So, I sat and she decorated as I told her. I have an orange watering can with black and orange fake flowers in it. Flowers have gold on them. Very festive. 

Since I made the decision not to have real pumpkins, it is so much easier. Plus, we don't have to buy and discard. I had many years of real pumpkins. I am done. All of the pumpkins are devoid of decoration except for two. One has a haunted house with big moon and bats flying around. The other is the only light pumpkin. It is carved with a light inside that has a cord to plug into the wall. 

I have fake fall leaves all about the room, strands of them. There is one very large pumpkin, round and tall. There are about two dozen small pumpkins of all sorts of autumn colors. 

On the front door is a plywood stack of three pumpkins. There is a safety green pumpkin for Trick or Treating sitting on the table. Tommy put a heavy rock in it to anchor it. He hung lots of ghosts of different sizes in the only tree without leaves, a dogwood. He put out a Halloween flag on the wire yard hanger. We hung my black bird and a pumpkin from the shepherd's hooks. 

I sat! She also put away some clothing in my bedroom, some to hang and some to store. In the kitchen she took out Tommy's old smoky glasses I hate, and we never use, he boxed them up and stored. I put in my pink glasses that we will use and my red glass salt and pepper shakers. There is much less on the counter between microwave and sink. 

I bought some glass looking plastic storage containers. They have never been used because I could never get the top off. Today, I sat with one in my lap and figured it out. Now, the oats from a small container are stored there. I taped the cooking method and measurements on the top. I remember, but Tommy may not. 

While I was sleeping before she came, Tommy completely cleaned off the very messy top of his bookcase and even dusted it! I had asked him once about three days ago. Good job. 

All the batteries in the tapers, and other candles had to be replaced. Now, I have the three on the bookcase set to come on for six hours each evening. I think I will reset them for four hours to save batteries. 

We must have ten pounds of batteries to recycle at a place that only sells batteries. They are accommodating and come to the car to pick them up from us. 

Lastly, she painted the mailbox stand with black paint. Then, she painted the mailbox with red paint. This is part of the Christmas decorating. Now, we must get new numbers for the mailbox. Tommy says the mailbox looks really nice. I didn't think he would allow me to paint it. Now we can tell people our house is the house with the red mailbox.

For dinner I had salad from lunch last week. It was amazingly fresh. A can of tuna with a bit of Miracle Whip was eaten with the salad with no dressing. Tommy ate some sort of soft taco type thing with lots of cheese and few vegetables, much less than was on the box it came in frozen. 

Halloween decorating is done. Dinner is done. 

I will mail my first Christmas card since it has to go halfway around the earth! It never gets there before Christmas. This year it will. This is the earliest I have ever mailed a Christmas card. 

Have you put out any Halloween or Fall decorations, even a pumpkin or Jack o' Lantern?

Do you only use fake pumpkins? Or, can you still manage heavy pumpkins?

I need the tshirt at the head of this post? Anyone else relate?

I have never painted a mailbox before. Have you? The post and box were in dire need of paint or replacing. This was cheaper!

What is the soonest you have ever mailed a Christmas card?



2 comments:

  1. Oh, that reminds me - I need to figure out what I'm sending for Christmas cards this year! I usually send out a couple weeks before Christmas, always after Thanksgiving, minimum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      Too many years my cards are buried in Christmas decorations, hard to find. Last year, I packed them right in the top, so she found them for me. Now, I have no excuse. I also have stamps, so no excuse.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.