Contact Me

Monday, September 30, 2024

Car Safe Once Again

 When I awoke from a nap around 3 pm, I went to living room. Tommy was not in his chair, so I wandered to the kitchen. He had not gone to the bathroom and had missed me. Then, I went back to the living room and discovered his walker was here. So, I assumed he had gone to get the car from the shop. Thirty minutes later, he came in. 

He had the car fixed and left over $1500 there. The problem was indeed wheel bearing problem, plus some sort of control arms. I have no idea what those are. Neither does he. But, since the front seems more stable and they cost so much, they are probably important. The car does not rattle so much or grind on turns.

He also had the tires rotated, front end alignment, and oil change. At any rate, the car seems safe to drive now. 

Since I wanted to see how it sounded, seemed to be under control, We were going to drive around the neighborhood. But, we picked up a few groceries. 

I made meatloaf which Tommy put in oven. When we came home, I made meatloaf, enough for today, tomorrow, and small one for freezer. Dinner was delicious even though I forgot to put onion and Bell pepper in the meatloaf. We had meatloaf, broccoli, green beans, cauliflower. 

Since I had to cancel medical appointment today, I also was able to reschedule for this week. Yay!

The Greek Festival is this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, so we have that this week.

After dinner we watched Antiques Road Show, one of our favorite shows. I was surprised Tommy loved it, too. 

The day was cloudy and bright all day. No rain, no wind. I lived 60 miles from Asheville, NC. I am shocked at the continuing pictures of the devastation. 

The day has been tranquil in every way possible. It was wonderfully boring.

How are things with you?



2 comments:

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.