Contact Me

Friday, October 4, 2024

Tommy Works For a New Car Dealer

 Yesterday's ordeal was over this morning, but I was shaky and felt like I had been punched in the stomach. So, I told Tommy I wanted to go buy a car. He said 'okay.' We almost did. 

First, I had a return to Lowe's. I bought two things on the same card, yet only one shows up in their system. Annoyed here.

Example: I remarked to Tommy that the mileage was awfully high. The salesman is in the back seat. He said mildly and easily-No it is not too bad. I put my hand on his arm and repeated it and poked his arm with my finger. Still, he was okay with everything. I was crushed. 

The guy did not like me. Or, was I too ugly for him to face. He stuck with Tommy. Even when Tommy was not near him and I tried to ask a question, he remained near the rear tire. He annoyed me. We went to a dealer. As we left without a car or hope, Tommy said he would not go to a used car lot, just a dealer. 

We almost bought a Lincoln! It stunk. The guy said it had not been detailed. The car had been detailed. 

So, we left to go to another lot. I wanted a little burger first. Tommy went to Arby's while I objected. As I ate the roast beef, low motility caused me to choke and throw up more. This was short-lasting because I quit eating after two bites. All I wanted to do was come home! We were in rush hour traffic, so it was time to come home.

I needed Tommy to latch my seat belt and I held bag under my chin with left hand and pulled the belt with right hand. He turned toward me, ignoring the car barreling around the corner right into his door area as he kept pulling around another corner. Both cars were trying to occupy the same space. I screamed "look" as he grabbed frantically for the seat belt, saying he saw it and could not reach it. He did not see the car. I said car! car! He finally stopped. It was at that point I determined I had had enough and wanted to just go home.  He had left his G7 monitor at home, so I had no idea how his blood sugar was affecting him. Tomorrow, we will go out again. Maybe we should just buy a car and not shop around. I don't know. He said we could get a new car. Two? He said we could. 

We still have lamb for him and chicken for me, plus two salads from the Greek Festival, I suppose the Salmon Croquettes will be pushed forward another day.

I may give up trying to get a deal and buy what we drive that is okay. 

Car looking is exhausting me. Do you find car-shopping to be draining? 

4 comments:

  1. The last time I bought a car was 2015. I knew what I wanted, so it was a pretty simple process.

    I came in pre-approved for a loan, so the salesmen knew I could go anywhere. I left with a new 2015 Ford Fusion. MSRP $21K, but I got the loan down to $16k, including an extended service warranty. I snowballed extra payments & paid it off in 3.5 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany,
      We have to have a car that works for both our disabilities. So, we have to try different cars. Tommy will get a loan through his credit union. I am glad it was easy for you. For anybody.

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, I find car shopping very tiring! I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I also feel like Tommy is on the other side! Plus, a drive to Publix tires me.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.