Contact Me

Wednesday, October 2, 2024

New Angels

 I attended the medical appointment for the lymphedema legs that compress my legs. The appointment almost killed me. It hurt so much. Mainly, it hurt my back trying to sit so the legs could go up my leg. 

The young women were so nice, not nurses, just people who believed me when I said I was hurting and that the plastic hurt my toes just to touch my toes. 

After that we left to go to Chicken Salad Chick. We passed the main Piggly Wiggly. I wanted to go in but I was too hurt and hungry.

We sat in the parking lot and ate. Then we headed home. I wish I cold walk better and go to Homewood often for the special shops like Cookie Fix. I could probably walk enough to counteract the sugar. Seriously, there are so many specialty shops, probably all too expensive. 

Next was Publix. I bought almost 8 lbs. of bananas. I will, as they ripen, peel, cut in half and freeze. Take that dock strike! 

I read that people are stripping Walmart of tp. Is that fear or reality, I wonder. Only one thing I bought was not bogo or on sale. Only one item that was bogo, and that I wanted was off the shelves, sold out--frozen broccoli. The price is okay when on sale, otherwise, not inexpensive enough to buy. 

Shopping at Publix:

1 Drumsticks bogo

2 Ziploc Snaplock Snack Bags bogo

2 Publix cups, not bogo, going back

1 Swanson Chicken Stock, bogo

2 Publix Coleslaw Mix, bogo

1 Julienne Dried Tomatoes for Mediterranean Pasta

Jimmy Dean Cooked Sausage

3 Lipton Dips, 3/$5

2 Kraft Medium Cheddar Cheese bogo

1 Nestles Morsels

The bananas are where I can see them ripen and freeze them. I don't want them past their prime when I freeze. 

Okay, more not bogo items are here. I was mistaken. 

I took a nap from 4 pm to 8 pm and felt groggy and disoriented for about two minutes. I thought it was morning. Now, I just feel rested. We are going to get my 'legs' on me for an hour. These two young women were so nice and helpful. I feel so lucky to find one more place that believes me and works to help me. Everything I told them was met with knowing nods and tips for living better and bringing down swelling. 

Tonight, TV was all PBS for us. We both enjoy these programs. 

Tommy was eating leftovers when I awoke. So, I am eating leftovers, too, at 10 pm. I will have salad with chicken breast. I wish I had another meal from Chicken Salad Chick! Salmon croquettes are moved forward. No problem.

Today was exhausting, but very productive moving me toward better health! 

Even though people are stripping the toilet paper and paper towels from shelves, on TV I heard these items would not be delayed.  I knew that, so did not buy any. Of course, these people are creating artificial shortages! Some of the things I bought are not necessities, but maybe a good sale for holidays. Bananas are the only thing I bought in case of a shortage.

What are you buying in anticipation of the strike? 

Have you thought about a shortage of pharmaceuticals?  

4 comments:

  1. I doubt I buy anything special because of the strike. People are panic buying. West coast ports are all still open and functioning and then we have American and local goods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are things a person needs to buy, but people are overdoing this prep.

      Delete
  2. That's great that you were able to get some good help with the edema. We have kept overstocked on TP since the pandemic and last year I was able to purchase a years supply of my heart medication, so I'm good there, if there was a shipping shortage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      TP is the thing that won't have a shortage since it is manufactured here and in Canada. I knew this and did not worry. Now, all the panic buying will create artificial shortages! Good you have heart meds.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.