Contact Me

Thursday, October 10, 2024

Rudeness and Insults at Dealer

 I had not been inside the car since Tommy signed the papers. We drove the Rogue home while the salesman drove/delivered the Honda. Today, about 4 pm, Tommy drove it to stores to get ads. Two miles into our drive, I noticed a glued part was falling off. There is a little ledge type, porch roof sticking out over the window. Well, It was broken and glued back with thick, nasty, orange glue. 

When I called back, less than 24 hours after it was purchased, the guy with whom I talked, said they would fix it. Our salesman was off today.

Yesterday, I was badgered and ridicule, yes, ridiculed, beyond belief.  They were both nasty to me, especially, the second guy. I said I hated a moonroof, and they said, "just shut it." They responded to each of my reasons with ridicule. I mean, I can dislike something, no business of theirs since the moonroof was not going away. 

Tommy has plenty to say about that later, but not to them. That does not matter as long as he got the car. Once inside and the sun was blazing on us and my skin was hurting from the sun, their solution was to have us walk over 100 feet inside the building to the last desk in the building. Today, Tommy was hurting and complained mightily about it. 

Since when is ridicule of customers part of the sales pitch? Also, they lied. The second guy told me all Honda CVRs came with moonroof. No, they don't. I called another dealer who said they could bring one in, but we would have to buy it. Well, shoot, I can find one now that I know the person lied and all do not have a moonroof. This piece of trim may be a stopper, though. 

When is all settled, I will complain to higher up. 

If I had known this would get worse when I first encountered this abuse, I would have left. Anyone who feels sorry for the poor salesmen is really off, in my opinion. By the way, I did not say one unkind word as he ridiculed me and harassed me about my own person dislikes about the automobile. I just turned my head away so I would not have to see two aggressive men yelling at me. Yet, he bitterly said the price I suggested was aggressive. I asked him if he meant I was aggressive. He said 'yes.'  I shrugged my shoulders and said, "oh well." 

Two more people want the Impala. But, it is still $6,000 dollars. Three others want the Rogue. 

Thursday, we had places to go, things we must do, but I told Tommy before we went to bed last night, that I could not go. Today, he was complaining how walking so far across the dealers' building to get to last office made him hurt. 

Going to pick up three grocery ads was all we did. I did get my hair washed. We baked four bscb and eight thigh, potatoes, carrots. That was dinner, and we will have that ready for when we get home tomorrow. Yes, delayed the salmon croquettes.

We are sooo exciting! Right? 

Oh, meant to say or maybe I did--decluttering uncovered my $50 gift card I misplaces. 

Tonight, I hope to see the Aurora Borealis. I hear it is visible far south. Have you ever seen the Aurora Borealis? From where?

Have you had salesman insult you or yell at you like these guys did? What did you do? 

Do you trade in cars, pass them on, or sell them to private person?

Not editing this either.

6 comments:

  1. I generally do not love to shop for vehicles. But hubby and I have a salesman we trust. Hubby worked with him to order the corvette several years ago. The next year, I went to him looking for an SUV. I told him what I was looking for and how I planned to use it. Daily driving, trips, grandkids, etc. When I asked him about one vehicle they had on the lot, he said he did not recommend it. I was grateful for his honesty and not just wanting to sell me whatever they had. A week or so later, he had one that he said he'd drive himself in a heartbeat. I was trading in an SUV, and had come up with my own number that I was expecting to pay given the trade in and their asking price. His offer was less than $150 away from my number that I didn't even haggle. So that's what I bought and it lasted me seven years and over 100,000 miles. Pretty good deal. I also bought my current vehicle with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pass my cars on to other family members free of charge since I know they need them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suemn,
      That is a great idea. We have no one to pass them to unless it is 1000 miles from here.

      Delete
  3. I dunno, Linda. I think this car buying process has been so protracted and so exhausting for you.

    If you got the price you wanted, I think you just have to call it good. It's never, ever going to go smoothly. People are going to be rude and inconsiderate, and you either have to walk away or grit your teeth and deal. It is what it is, which is one of the most heinous processes known to man. I don't know of anyone who enjoys buying a car.

    The only thing I'd insist on is a new plastic part for the rain shield over the window. They can't re-glue that broken piece--it needs to be new and installed properly.

    I'm sorry this has been so hard. Give yourself time to rest up before the next purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I was not rude one moment. It took a lot to remain calm!
      I will get the part replaced, even though he called it an add-on.
      I have found out how to by-pass the business since I figured out they lied to me about the moonroof!
      Thanks.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.