Contact Me

Wednesday, October 9, 2024

MIA Cleaner

Today was a gorgeous day. There was not one cloud in the sky and the sun was sooo bright. It was quite hot even though the temperatures were in mid 80s. 

Tommy has totally been ignoring me or just not responding to my asking for help with these legs to treat the lymphedema. Finally, I asked him to move the box back into the living room from my bedroom. It is quite a large box. He put it where it was impossible to completely open the front door. Finally, I asked him to move it in front of his bookcase right in his way to get to his chair. 

He is telling me that I never ask. Yes, at least once a day. He says I never remind him. Yes, once a day. Then, he said I was nagging him. Which is it?

Finally, tonight at 11 pm, he asked if I wanted him to do it, put on the legs for me. So, against my best judgment, we did. 

I cannot for the life of me pull these heavy plastic type legs on me. He hurt my toes! But, between the two of use, we got it all situated. Then, he asked if I wanted him to stay. I did but hated to be a baby about being alone. So, we talked, and time passed. Plus, this procedure was painful. 

Has anyone ever used these compression garments? 

I had to have my body raised this hour. So, the bed that lifts head came in handy. 

When I had extricated myself from these stiff, bulky, heavy legs off myself, I was surprised that my legs and feet felt 'looser.' I could walk better. Tommy said as he followed me into the living room that my legs and feet looked skinnier. YES, they did!

This is supposed to happen twice a day, with at least four hours in between. At least, something is happening with this. I will utilize all the forms of therapy and try to completely reverse this problem. There is no cure. 

I had a puppy print fleece blanket that I used in bed up near my face as a place I could rest my arms and hands. I knew Tommy like it and decided to share it with him. It is so cute, and he thought so, too. So, I let him have it. He was covered with the puppy throw, a blanket, and sheet the next morning. Then, tonight, I spotted another puppy throw in my room. So, now I have it back. He looked cute with puppies all over him. He said it was larger, warmer, and felt better. He had a thinner, and obviously smaller throw that he was using. 

Cleaner has not been here since Sept. 17th. I am annoyed, but she works full-time, and has a second, part-time job. She cannot come this week either. There are things I need her to do. I don't want to replace her, but I may need to get someone else along with her on different days. 

I made a pimiento and cheese sandwich to take with us tomorrow. I suppose we will go out car shopping. We both become inordinately excited when we think about having a button to open the back door. 

Nothing exciting happened today, so this is it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.