Contact Me

Friday, October 4, 2024

Frozen Pistachio $60


                                                                           pastitsio

 Today was another great day but exhausting. Of course, I did not get enough sleep, but I was anxious to go out. The plan was to go to the Greek Festival, the 51st year.

We asked for a chicken breast in my meal or just cancel the whole order. The young woman came back and joyfully told us all the pieces were chicken breasts. We left and parked to eat. Well, I had a leg and thigh quarter. We decided to go back and get what we ordered and paid for at the beginning when we ate. The guy was very nice when he heard our story which we told without rancor. He said he would bring more food, winked at me often, and said he would bring things for Tommy, too. For $60, we should get what we want. 

Even at 1 pm, the whole area was festive. One guy was spoiling the atmosphere with fast driving, whipping around a corner, almost hitting our car. I hope someone stopped him before he hurts someone. 

This area was near UAB where I graduated. There were so many folks on scooters, even one woman who looked to old and too well-dressed to be on a scooter. But, I wish her the best. I think when I went in my forties, I would have tried a scooter once, at least until I broke a bone. 

We went to Publix and returned the wrong tumblers I bought and got the bogo ones, saving $3.60. Then, I bought things I have put on a list for four or five trips. I forgot them and just put them on the next day's list. 

When we got home, I was so tired I could not eat, so tried to sleep, and could not sleep. So, I tried eating chicken and rice. Since I have low motility in my esophagus, I got 'choked' and spent a few hours trying to get food unstuck and into my stomach. At the end, I had thrown up a quart. It was not all food, some water.  I still don't dare lie down, eat, or drink. I know, TMI. 

I still have not used my inflatable legs yet. I won't be in bed, attached to something like that and need to throw up. I also have 20 bananas and the dock strike is over. Oh well. 

This morning before we left, I stood leaning on the rail for the ramp and cut my hair. It feels much better but have not looked at it yet. Tomorrow, I will go out and finish cutting it. 

While we were in line at the Greek Festival, Tommy said, "Frozen Pistachio $60! What's with that?

Well, it was 'pastitsio.' It is Greek lasagna and delicious! We both had a good laugh!  

There is enough for a third meal tomorrow. Yummy! 

I love Greek food except for lamb. Do you like Greek food? 

Anyone have low motility and problems swallowing? 

2 comments:

  1. We have gone to the Greek festival every year, but we are missing it this year due to several conflicts. However if they open before we leave for Nashville I will stop and get a frozen pan to take to son 3. He has loved it since he was just a lump.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I do hope you are able to get some to take with you. It certainly delicious, much better than Frozen Pistachio. Have a nice trip.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.