Contact Me

Friday, October 25, 2024

Taking Skeleton to Ace ER Doctors



As we were leaving the house, I got out one of the two Jack o lantern bags. I had Tommy bring me the Coke bottles destined for recycling. I had him put the whole white trash bag into the lantern bag, twisted the tie and dropped it in front of the ramp--Instant Decorating. 

I think I paid a quarter for a package of two after Halloween last year. So, this is 12.5 cents for a bag. Now, I will have another one for next year. The mower mulches the leaves. We could wad newspaper for the bag, but this is easier. The bags in the picture are $5.99 for three.

 I took the skeleton to the Pig/Ace. Tommy had totally messed up one of four screws, trying to get a miniscule screw out of the battery place with a huge screwdriver. Then, he insisted after he removed it, he could get it back in and the tint mauled screw would still work. NOPE! I wanted the correct screwdriver size to at least get out the other three screws. 

I was met by six Ace employees. One employee took right over. The other five got tiny screwdrivers. At one time four were holding the skeleton still. The skeleton still had legs and arms zip-tied to the body. Finally, they got all four screws out. The guy advised throwing one away. So, I did. Then, they took out the three batteries made only for demonstration purposes. They asked me if I had batteries. I did but bought some since they were all so helpful. I figured I should buy from there. Remember, I brought the skeleton in just to buy the right size screwdriver! 

This is the last Halloween decorating. I will go the day after Thanksgiving and buy things. Cheap dishcloths can have Halloween pictures on them and will be ultracheap. 

The titles for both our cars arrived today. I expect the woman who bought Tommy's car will come right over since she has paid for it and wants to drive. I think the guy who wanted mine is not interested. I have several other people interested. Or, I may drive it. 

The day was warm, so pleasant because it was dry outside. Temperature was 87F. 

For dinner I had the rest of the can of Hormel Roast Beef and gravy, sweet potato, and slaw. I made sure not to choke on my food.

I prepared the sweet potatoes to bake after he scrubbed them and went straight for a nap. Tommy left the sweet potatoes in until the oil on them burned. So, I had to peel them to keep the burned and scorched peel smell/taste from permeating the sweet potatoes. The flesh as delicious. He just does not know to check to see if they are scorching, and I did not tell him. I ate a bit and froze the rest, maybe for Thanksgiving. I don't know why, but he did not want sweet potatoes with his ham and mixed vegetables. He likes sweet potatoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.