Contact Me

Thursday, October 24, 2024

The Car Attacked Me!


 I managed to sleep two hours Wednesday night and two hours Thursday! Now, at 7 pm, I am once again exhausted. 

Today, we collected the ads from three stores. Beforehand, I had Tommy go into CVS with the 40% off coupon and told him to get a skeleton for $30. I got out of the car to get it from his walker as he was struggling to get off the curb without it tumbling out of his walker. Then, we both stood at the back of the car, struggling to use the fobs, both our fobs to open the hatch! As it turns out, the motor has to be off or something. I also did not know I had to hold down the button. 

We came home after shopping, and I was helping. Then, I closed the hatch on myself. It really hurt my shoulder! It whacked me twice. I told Tommy, and he said he shut it on his head the first time. Who knew I was in the way? 

When we were at Publix, we both got our flu vaccines. I broke down and bought bscb for $3.99/lb. That is above the price I want to pay, but they aren't giving it away at Publix. 

At Publix, I asked for help at the meat counter, and the guy came out to help me. Just then, a woman came up, stopped the guy and said,

 "I just have a question." Yes, she was loud so I could hear it after I asked a question. She heard the other employee say I had a question to the meat employee who came to me. 

I said, "No, he is helping me now."  

She said, "But, I need to ask him a question." 

I said, "Well, first he can answer my question." 

She continued, "But, this (she pecked some packages) is what I need to ask about. All I want to know is..." 

More firmly, "NO!"

"But..." 

"NO!"

She opened her mouth and then abruptly snapped it shut.

Well, you know a person in an electric cart could not possibly need to take her turn but should give it up to another person.

Tommy is trying to use a straight screwdriver on tiny Philips head screws in the skeleton's head. I told him it could wait until tomorrow. I had tools in a Publix bag. The cleaner from last year totally rearranged that room, so that I have no idea where anything is anymore. So, we will go to The Pig (ACE) and buy another. The eyes glow red when we can get batteries in there!

A few days ago, I saw my first colored leaves. It was only one tree in a small forest. Today, in a parking lot with small trees, all of them had a few leaves that had turned. The rest were still green. Our St. Augustine grass is still lush and green and still growing. 

I had a package of bats, felt, I suppose. While Tommy was in the yard, I put a six-inch bat on the bathroom mirror with little sticky dots. He went into the bathroom and then came out. Thirty minutes later, I asked if he like the bat. "It startled the Hell out of me!" He said he was sort of looking down as he went in. As he left, he saw it. He momentarily thought it was a huge roach. 

Dinner was a hamburger at home, slaw, and an apple. Tommy had chicken thigh, potatoes, carrots. I had frozen several packages with a full dinner for him.

I am loving this very this 85 and mid-80s temperatures this year. The weatherman cannot promise us more than a mist for the next two weeks!

Are you enjoying the warm weather and lack of rain? 

Have you scared anyone yet with Halloween decorations? 

Do you have a skeleton for decoration, large or small? 

What is wrong with people like the woman at the meat counter???


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.