Contact Me

Monday, October 28, 2024

Skelli

 Yes, we named the bones.

The tomatoes from Pepper Place are delicious. Tommy does not remember where he bought them. I gave him a lesson--always remember where you buy produce. That was you can get the same tomatoes or avoid the booth. He did not know. 

Today, I started the search for a step-in shower. That is the next project. If you have any thoughts on which brand is best or any problems, please let me know. The guy I talked with said it had three walls. I took this to mean three panels joined. Not sure. But, we can find out things that later. I could barely understand the guy who answered the phone.

I have no idea how we will do without a commode until they finish the job. There is a half bath, but I cannot get off that commode and Tommy cannot sit down on it. Tommy does not realize it yet, but the one-inch tile that is all over bathroom and counter will have to be removed. Plus, the window behind the shower is starting to rot out. The commode is new! But, we need this done. Tommy is committed to it. 

We went nowhere, did nothing. I did go out in my gown and get in the car. He drove us one block and back so I could see Skelli sitting in the chair, eyes aglow. 

Our friend needed a name fitting the appearance. We have no idea is this is a male or female. "Skelli" could be either. 

Today Tommy put the pumps on my legs twice since he only did it once on Saturday. These things really hurt. 

It has been a quiet Sunday here at home. 

How was your Sunday? 

What have you named any of your Halloween figures?

3 comments:

  1. Could you use this to help you sit and get up from the toilet in the half bathroom? I injured my knee and have a hard time getting up and down from sitting position. This has really helped.
    Limited-time deal: FSA/HSA Eligible Toilet Safety Rails, Adjustable Toilet Safety Frame for Elderly, Seniors, Handicap & Disabled, Toilet Frame with Handles, Foldable Handicap Toilet Rails Fit Any Toilets (300 LB) https://a.co/d/0EW5R2C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all, there is only about 8 inches in front of the commode, so I have to sit sideways. Then, there is a sink on the wall under my knees. It is just a sink attached to the wall. I tried sitting with clothes fully on me when a cleaner was here to drag me up. Rails would not help. A frame could not fit around the commode. Plus, the commode is a really low one. If I used the sink for support, I would pull the sink off the wall. The bathroom is miniscule. I will measure it.

      These items will be useful in planning what the redo looks like in terms of getting up...lol. Right now, I can sort of use the bathroom counter to get up. Someday, we could need more, so he will get what we might need.

      Delete
    2. Actually, the sink is over my knees when sitting.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.