Contact Me

Saturday, October 19, 2024

Saturday Drive

 Somehow, I don't think I posted on Friday. The day was nothing like I planned. We did not get the ballots mailed. I have been trying for two weeks to get a refill on Victoza. Finally, today, Saturday, we drove to Cullman. 

The pharmacist in response to my asking why it was hard to find, said it was the vanity in the world....says the pretty slim young woman. It seems people misuse Victoza for weight loss.  I had no idea. I got 40 days' worth instead of the 90 days on my prescription. Some days, I am only given one pen, good for 13 days. The worry of wondering when and if I can find this stresses me. 

While we were in Cullman, we went to get a fob for me. It was $130 after two discounts. Then, I had him make me a house key and bought a big ring to hold both and attached it to my phone. Now, I am set. 

Tommy finally figured out how to open the car with the key instead of the fob. The keyhole is in the door handle on the driver's side. There is only one place to open the car with a key, driver's door. I hate that. 

We are still working on learning what is what on this car! We still have not found a cd player. 

While we were waiting for the fob, there was a woman with a table full of things to sell. I wanted nothing but the bracelets. I bought three at $3 each, Christmas gifts. It was for a house where women and children live while mothers are overcoming addiction. Then, I saw something lumpy and colorful. It was a crocheted potholder, $5. She gave me a crocheted 'prayer flower.' People pray over them and give them away. I won't be doing that as I don't have that belief. I told Tommy he better not use the potholder. I want to hang it up. 

We bought Whoppers, two for $5. I went to Publix but forgot to go to the other store I like. 

The weather was beautiful with no sun in my eyes. The sun was shining and bright. However, we did not go early and come home late, so the sun was not at an angle until the last 30 minutes. Riding in the Honda is a dream. 

I came home and went to bed and slept for two hours, lay there resting for another hour. Now, I am making dinner. I put in two hamburgers with onion soup mix over them. We are having burgers, green beans, slaw, and a salad. Tommy had burger, green beans, and a salad, no slaw. Our burgers had no bun. I am so full. 

On Thursday night we had burger on bun, slaw, tomato, twice-baked potatoes. 

Does your vehicle have only a keyhole on the driver's side? Does that annoy you?

Do you have a CD player? 

4 comments:

  1. Chris & I are currently vacationing in Gatlinburg, TN. It was a 12 hour drive split over two days. We dropped by Publix for the first time ever today! We picked up some groceries to fix a few meals at the cabin. I snagged a B2G1 free deal on Dr. Pepper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany,
      That is a long drive, like some I made when younger. I am glad you got to go in a Publix and find a bogo deal.
      See if a Piggly Wiggly is near you. You will have shopped the best of the South.
      Enjoy your trip!

      Delete
  2. I used to take Victoza too and it worked very well for me. I didn't realize some were using it for weight loss either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      People must take more than prescribed for the weight loss.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.