Contact Me

Saturday, October 12, 2024

Car Broke

 We had not been to Cullman to get the mail for about six weeks. The sound the car made frightened me. Now, the car is fixed, we know it was a wheel bearing. All fixed and car sold. 

The car was a dream. I love the beep so we know someone is close when he is going to make a turn. We are still learning the dashboard. We both have a thermostat for each side of the car. Neat!

We had traveled about 10 miles or less when the loose piece ripped loose and hit the car, flying off into the road after scratching the door. Now, all four pieces must be replaced. 

In Cullman, we went to a dealer, grandson of a friend who wanted us to go see him. Well, we did and he did not have anything for us right now. Then, we called a used car salesman who has sold us two cars, well SUVs. He said the dealer would have to replace all the little door window pieces. It was their problem. He will look for another car for me. He is very nice. And, thanked us for calling him. He is so polite that he was horrified with the way they yelled at me and insulted and ridiculed me all the time. 

We picked up six weeks of mail. I had a small, plain burger while Tommy ate his sandwich from home. Then, I ate my sandwich from home. We went to place to get another fob which will be $150. I need one, too. We have keys to each other's cars. I shopped in Publix and another store where I got deals--bogo Miracle Whip, bogo peanut butter . Dromedary Pimiento was cheaper in Cullman store than at The Pig. I suppose I am out of the canned Hormel roast beef and gravy, so I bought one until I can order from Amazon more cheaply. 

I have $50 on a card for vegetables only at markets, so I wanted to spend that before two weeks when it will end. I bought four tomatoes, pint of shelled peas, mess of fresh green beans, last zucchini a guy had, and tried to buy eggs. Now, I have $35 to spend. 

The woman washes them, refrigerates them, moves them to a cooler and brings them to the market. No way. I prefer them not washed, not refrigerated. She will be selling spoiled eggs. But, now I know I can buy good ones at a Thrift Store in Cullman. 

I felt so calm and relaxed and at home in the town where I lived for more than half my life. However, I was so happy to be going home to this house. 

The place where we are getting another fob came right out to the car as he always has. He knows me as a decades-long customer. 

I took a nap when we arrived home. Dinner was chicken, slaw, potatoes, carrots. There was a whole onion but have not had any of the onion yet. Yes. Tommy said there is still onion. 

Usually, a trip out, especially as far as Cullman causes my feet to swell so the normally loose sandal straps actually cut into my feet. I have been using the pumping legs at night. Last night I was choking again and did not feel I could lie back and not start choking and throwing up, so I skipped the pumping. Amazingly, after skipping the diuretic yesterday, skipping pumping, and sitting in the car for about 6 hours, my feet and legs were barely swollen. So, this is working even without doing it right, not my intentions. If any doctor had listened and taken me seriously, I would probably less swollen now! Oh, and now my weight is back down to lowest this summer. 

Tomorrow--woman in distress.

1 comment:

  1. Yellow shoes,
    I can keep the secret of who you are, so I did not publish your comment. I had wondered where you were. I always enjoyed hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.