Contact Me

Friday, June 29, 2018

Groceries--June 24-30, 2018

4 bananas
bacon, precooked
2 packages Grill Master Marinade, Mesquite, $1 each
2 half gallons a2milk $7
gal. vinegar, $2.48
2 bananas
5 lbs. red potatoes
qt. strawberries

I am using an ultra-cheap/reduced steak and marinating it in the Mesquite marinade. Exbf loves the marinade. I will cook it in a baking bag with onions and potatoes. The huge steak should make at least 6 servings for him. I may put carrots in, too.

Since I have bread, tomatoes, and lettuce, I want a BLT. I cannot stand long enough to fry bacon and cannot put a pan in the oven. So, I paid $3.98 for 2.2 oz. of cooked bacon (9-11 slices). So that you don't have to get out the calculator, that is $29/lb. I know it is outrageous. Or, was it $28? This should make four BLT's. I think I bought one package of the pre-cooked bacon 20 years ago. So, I may never buy another, ever.

Spent: about $25.

This almost sounds like meal-planning!

Have you ever bought shelf-stable, pre-cooked bacon?

6 comments:

  1. I've never bought pre cooked bacon but I love a BLT!
    I'm curious how the bacon tasted.
    Enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica,
      I opened the package and ate two pieces at room temp. It was delicious and will be even more delicious when heated. Exbf is coming tomorrow, and that is what we are having, I think. He can choose that or hotdog with slaw for lunch. Steak will be dinner. Thanks for coming by and commenting.

      Delete
  2. Good for you about the marinade. I remember mother getting less expensive cuts of meat and doing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ur-spo,
      Thanks. I only ate one bite, but it was sooooo good. Mama never used a marinade, but she cooked the most tender beef I have ever had.

      Delete
  3. That's funny but I thought about doing the same thing because DH and I are staying in an extended stay hotel for 90 days while his retirement papers are processed. I have a cooktop, but I don't know about stinking up the entire hall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawm,
      That is one thing about the bacon, there is little odor in getting it hot to eat.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.