Contact Me

Sunday, June 17, 2018

Groceries June 10--16, 2018

I have gone out to get something to eat when I wanted warm. I could not stand long enough to cook and felt so horrible. Better now!

There was some food waste that I do regret.

a2milk 1/2 gal.
zucchini
tomatoes
1 yellow bell pepper
yellow crook neck squash
gal  vinegar
pkg. hotdogs, favorite brand
chocolate milk, Tru Moo, 16 oz.

All the vegetables came from the Farmer's Market. I love Zeigler's hotdogs, the original ones with red food coloring. They were $1.50.

I still have several of the salads left.

Today, Saturday, it is 94F and scorching!



9 comments:

  1. I love getting vegetables from the Farmers Market!
    Wow 94F is HOT!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      all the sellers must have grown the vegetables in this county. We are in a subtropical designation, so the humidity is suffocating.

      Delete
  2. Im in Vermont. It was 90 today. There is a Farmers Market across the street from my house. I love to go there but it is expensive here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara,
      Some foods are a bit more expensive; some are less expensive. It sometimes depends on the vendor. I mostly buy what looks good rather than by price. Too bad your market it so expensive.

      Delete
  3. the humidity was ridiculously high by 9:30 this morning. We were at the lake and most mornings I can at least have my first cup of coffee on the porch. Not today! Maybe the rain will drop the dew point. Hope springs eternal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I heard the rain dropped the temps to 72 in Birmingham. I know that does NOT drop the dewpoint. Hope springs eternal--so true. We will have to wait for a drought or October, I suspect.

      Delete
  4. Well, it was 50 here today with north wind and a thunderstorm. Middle of june with the Solstice less than a week away and I can't sit outside for coffee because it is too cold. So...send some of your heat. This is why we have no farmers market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tewshooz,
      That is our November weather, the month the market ends. I could let go a bit of this heat to help you out. Tell me again where you live. I forgot!

      Delete
  5. 94 F? pishposh I say -that's a 'low' around here

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.