Contact Me

Sunday, June 24, 2018

After the Dentist Visit

A cashier at WM and I were making small talk as I checked out. She said she had her teeth cleaned that morning. She had her last cleaning four years before. The tech had told her she should floss regularly. However, she knew she should but just doesn't. I told her not to worry about it, just floss the teeth she wants to keep.

It would be hard to describe the look of horror on her face. Her voice was small, "I want to keep them all!"  I told her, "Okay, there you have your answer."

She asked what brand floss I used, wrote that down, and was going to buy dental floss before she went home. I floss no less than six times each day, usually more.

Have you heard the line when discussing flossing, " Just floss the ones you want to keep."? Do you floss regularly?

10 comments:

  1. Yes I floss. At least once a day or anytime I feel food caught in my teeth. I use dental tape. I love your answer to the cashier! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. food between my teeth is the bane of my existence and causes me to floss all of my teeth every time I have to floss one. The answer was easy after she said she wanted to keep all her teeth.

      Delete
  2. I use the interdental brushes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      I only have two teeth in the back that I can get them between. But, I really need them there instead of dental floss. thanks.

      Delete
  3. Yes I floss regularly - nearly daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Step it up to daily, at least for the ones you want to keep.

      Delete
  4. I have some implants and you can bet I floss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      A friend in hs had rotten teeth in front. She got dentures. THAT really impressed me. I floss all day long, even after eating a banana.

      Delete
  5. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. https://maindentalmi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your take on the issue. I now have a clear idea on what this matter is all about.. Kanādas tūristu vīza

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.