Contact Me

Sunday, July 1, 2018

A Rough Day

As I perused the ads, I realized there were great deals out there, things I definitely use and need at these low prices. So, I set out at 7:30 to find deals.

Well, I did know when the stores opened and researched the rest. I forgot to factor in Sunday. I knew it was Sunday!

So, at 7:35. I am sitting in front of a store that does not open until 10 am! I went to the next not to be discouraged.  On to the next that opened at 9 am/ Okay, one more AND it opened at 11am. grrr

Off to WM to get cool and buy a paper and look at coupons.

Then, I again started my rounds of stores. I was shocked at what I bought for so little money. It is all in a list to publish after the week is over.

By noon I was ready for a nap.

It was so hot today and all I bought needed to go into the refrigerator. Sooo. I came home four times The refrigerator sorely needed cleaning out and rearranging. That did not happen, so everything I stuffed into the already crowded refrigerator. ugh!

It is late, and I still have things to do.

Does the heat affect how you shop and how many times you come home to unload the car?  I know I could use a cooler, but then I would have to buy ice.

10 comments:

  1. My fridge need to be cleaned too. I have a roller-cart that can be folded that I keep in the trunk. So, usually one trip from the car is enough. I order bulky and heavy items online. This way, my cart doesn't fill up requiring me to go back to the car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T'Pol,
      I have one of those, too. But, it does not travel the yard well. I can not pull my little red wagon that I used to get groceries to the back door.

      The problem yesterday was the heat and leaving things in the heat while I shopped. Everything I bought had to be refrigerated. I went into and bought from every store in town!

      The folding cart we both have is very handy.

      Delete
  2. if we want to shop in the city we have to use a cooler and ice. We kept stopping at the gas station to buy ice all the time ($2 every time) and finally got smart. The bag of ice isn't usually very melted, so when we get home we put it in the freezer for the next trip. We haven't bought ice in months now. It's about half the size now, so we will have to buy again soon, but it's saved a few dollars at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I had a freezer, I just kept taking ice cube trays and dumping them into a gallon freezer bag and never b ought ice. That is a good idea to freeze the leftover bag.

      Delete
  3. I have a large thermal bag and I use those blue ice packs . I can usually go to two stores that way before heading home, providing the second stop is not a full grocery shopping experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I have those thermal bags. Nice! But, there is not a square inch for the blue packs. I love those bags.

      Delete
  4. It's been around 110F here for the past few days so this effects what I buy and what I eat. I did a clean out of the fridge last Thursday and re-organized a few things. I knew that I'd be doing a lot of shopping on Friday (7 people coming to visit on Saturday) so it needed to be done. I shop using a bundle buggy/trolly as I don't drive so it's either walking or using the subway. I did 3 trips out and back on Friday) 6 subway trips in all - so I was exhausted after that final trip.
    I did take a thermal bag with ice-packs as I needed to get ice-cream and some frozen items. I am lucky as the subway trains are air-conditioned and all the shops I needed were very close by so didn't have to be outside for too long.
    I have A/C in the bedroom only so when it is like this I don't use the oven at all. Food is cold meat or BBQ chicken picked up from the shops and lots of salads! I add sides such as canned beans, pickled beets and hard boiled eggs & cheese - that's it. I cannot even think about much cooking in the Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I accidentally deleted your comment. Sooo sorry.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.