Contact Me

Sunday, June 3, 2018

Groceries May 27--June 2, 2018

ice cream
cut watermelon
2 bananas
2 12-packs Cokes $3.33 each
24 pack Dasani water, $3.98
4 bananas
half gal. a2milk, reduced to $3

After having been giving the 18 bags of salad, it would have been foolish to buy anything else. Since I cannot carry a watermelon into the house or handle it to cut, I buy the tiny bowls of watermelon chunks. I spent about $21 dollars this week.

The regular price of Cokes in a 12 pack has been the same price of $3.33 for a long time at WM.  I am sure the price will rise again. Having  bought these at a really low price, but not the lowest ever., I will have these for a while.  Eventually, a sale will come about where the price will be four 12-packs for $10. However, I will have to purchase four and go into a different store. Buying at the present less-than-perfect price will assure I don't have to get out of car at another store and buy four packs at once.  I rarely drink Coke.

Since price-matching went away and exbf cannot help me at all with heavy things at home, things are more difficult and a bit spendier.

I will forget my water at home, and I will buy it when out. I need more water than when I was young, it seems.  So, I have no apology about buying water since I only occasionally get a bottle from the trunk and refill it a few times before discarding it. I know other brands are cheaper, but some water is just disgusting.  I will drink the occasional water that draws my mouth, but not a whole case full.

I drove over into the housing projects and gave lots of salads and breads to people who really needed food.

Today, Sunday, I ate a whole Spinach salad kit that contained two servings.

Contents:
baby spinach
shredded red cabbage
shredded carrots
little bags of:
honey roasted sliced almonds
dried cranberries
sweet onion Dijon vinaigrette


4 comments:

  1. I saw that you bought bananas and thought about you being allergic to latex. I also am allergic to latex and I am also allergic to bananas. I have been told a couple of times in the hospital and doctor offices that people who are allergic to bananas can also be allergic to latex. I thought that was very interesting. I get terrible cramps when I eat bananas. I haven't eaten them in 50 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      That is very interesting. The allergist said I am not allergic to bananas. I have never thought they affected me at all. Thanks for telling me. I already know I am allergic to latex. It is very interesting. Thanks. I will mention this to the allergist.

      Let me tell you that I have eaten too much salad and probably have lost 5 pounds today.

      Delete
    2. That is lots of salad you had to eat! I think it was very nice of you to give so much away so it wouldn't go to waste.

      Delete
    3. tana50,
      I like salad! I also hate to waste food. I called the people I usually call to give things away. They were all busy, so I just picked out a random family.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.