Contact Me

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Lunch

Today, we went to lunch at a church, free of course. Lunch was a plate full of taco salad:

chips,
lettuce,
seasoned meat,
tomatoes,
cheese,
sour cream

No salsa, onion, or cucumber. I had them put it on his plate.

His plate had my onions, chopped cucumbers, salsa and what mine had. I had his sour cream. I went into the line late and they were not stressed, so they made both salads like we wanted them.

We had unsweetened iced tea and two homemade chocolate chip cookies. We both had a go box with lettuce, chicken nuggets, and chips. They ran out of everything else. He took his home for another meal sometimes. Since he also took home tomatoes, zucchini, and yellow squash, I am sure it will be a salad.

We drove around the lake that is in the middle of town. It was a pleasant interlude. The water was mesmerizing.

The Farmer's Market was open: tomatoes, peaches, squash.

Dinner tonight was some sort of very hot sausage. I did not know what I was cooking! . In the crockpot, carrots, potatoes, zucchini, onion, garlic cloves.

I forgot to give him strawberries!

I am so hot I could die. My freshly washed hair is sweaty, all wet.

Nothing new or exciting but a pleasant day, nonetheless.

Okay, I have to take a nap, right now.

4 comments:

  1. My daughter and I are serving lunch on Friday for Loaves and Fishes. She’ll do this several times over the summer but I only have a few days off to help. The meals sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam,

      This is not a charity lunch. People come here on the lunch break where they work. That is nice you will be able to attend with your daughter to help. There was a lot on each plate, delicious and nutritious. I am going to eat the go plate in a minute.

      Delete
  2. I miss living in the midwest where there were church luncheons like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a town so small, I think three lunches and dinner each month is good. Thanks.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.