Contact Me

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Lunch and Dinner From the Market

Tuesday was a free lunch day: baked beans with sliced sausages in the dish, two slices tomato, two slices onion, buttered hot bread, and cake. We were not inspired to get a go plate.

We took two garbage  bags of Coke cans to salvage yard. For 2 garbage bags of aluminum cans (3 lbs.), I got  $1.80, enough to buy a loaf of bread with money left over.  I went to CVS to use a 30% off coupon. When I could not find what I needed, I went to WM. Then to bank and a trip to drive around the park and lake. Everything is so green, cool, and peaceful.

Hives have been appearing all over me for about a week. They have been small and few. But, on Monday larger hives were appearing on my neck. THAT frightens me. I was too exhausted to stay awake and monitor myself. I am alive.

Dinner tonight: chicken, potatoes, squash, onions, tomatoes, field peas with snaps, strawberries. He will take some home, too. Most came from the market.

When I bought tomatoes for $5, I had $1 left on  a coupon, so I asked the guy for $1 worth of squash. He gave me four nice squash for the other $1, a good deal. I do buy lots from him, so he takes care of customers.Canntt find glasses. cannot see to edit.

I am so hot I cannot search for glasses! I put on my big girl panties and searched even though I was in pain! So, I found them.

After cooking beans and corn, I was so hot and exhausted, I did not eat with him. Once I rest and it cools off, I will eat.

6 comments:

  1. Seems like we both cooked chicken and potatoes last night. Lol! I hate the heat too. I should have been born in Iceland or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T'Pol,
      I had two frozen chicken breasts that would be easy to thaw in the crock pot and too many potatoes. That was how I made the decision...lol. I would hate the cold in Iceland. I just need a colder ac in car and house. OR, less humidity! That would do it.

      Delete
  2. I've been eating leftovers and cleaning out the fridge and freezer. I have some cottage cheese I need to use up- I like it usually but it's not calling my name now. Hot here but I have central air and can't sleep when my bedroom is too hot. I'm fine during the day with thermostat at 78-80 but not at night. Hope your hives are gone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      If I found cottage cheese, I would eat it with pineapple or applesauce. I do understand "not calling my name" for some food I like. I have to have it cool to sleep, too. The hives come and go in different places.

      Delete
  3. Keep an eye on that rash! Can be serious. Have you considered trying a food elimination diet to see if it is something not agreeing with you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawm,
      I did that and found what bothers me, but not what causes hives.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.