Contact Me

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Leafsnap--Tree ID App and Saving Money

This app was identified on a murder mystery program that included the Lindbergh baby murder. As I understand this app, it can be used by a phone or the computer.

Take a picture of the leaf and use the app to identify the tree. I noticed there are fruits, too.

I have a whole page of the sites that have information about this app. So, you can choose what you need to read or use.

When I was in high school, I could tell you the name of a hundred trees, but all that is just about gone from my memory.

I can imagine this app would be great for children as an educational tool.  Or, you might use it to identify trees on your property.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) The weather for the most part has been beautiful. This is the type of weather where I hang clothes on the line because I like to hang them out and to save money. The pollen is so terrible and so early, it seems. So, I try to hang things in the house to dry. Pants, blouses, panties, and socks are hung inside always. However, towels and wash clothes and dish cloths go outdoors. Now, I have to use the dryer. When I wash sheets and blankets they will have to be dried, also. Running the dryer is expensive! I will hang a few washcloths in the house.  No money saving steps here until the pollen is gone.

2) Tomorrow, I have to use the oven instead of the crockpot. Hopefully, I can get two pans of meat and vegetables into the oven.  It is not so hot out that the oven will heat up the house and cause me to use the ac. Using the crockpot would be cheaper. I cannot save money with the crockpot on Thursday.

3) I had someone help me remove two boxes from the front seat. For a while I thought I was going to have to pay someone. So, money saved there.

4) The car console is filthy. It is embarrassing. I will go to my trusty stash of toothbrushes for a cleaning tool. I change my toothbrush every three months, so I usually have plenty of toothbrushes for other jobs around the house.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you think you or someone you know might use the Leafsnap app? Is there anyone out there who uses the dryer exclusively as opposed to using to hanging clothes to dry?

8 comments:

  1. I use those cheap sponge brushes for the car -- I get them at the Dollar Tree. I know you can't shop there, but they have them at Walmart and Big Lots too. I know that costs more then an old toothbrush -- but they work really well! Also, I shine the dashboard with spray furniture polish. Very shiny and smooth when you are done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex,
      I will only use toothbrushes for all the crevices. My car is filthy inside, so I wonder what people use to clean the dashboard and other parts of the car. What do you use. When I got these new glasses, I discovered the visor has dirty places. So, I need to use something to clean but, I will use a rag for that. I heard that soap would ruin surfaces. I don't want to purchase a special car cleaner.

      One of these days, I am going to make a list and visit DT if it kills me!
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I need to do a complete car cleaning inside and out, but am waiting for this damned pollen to stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      You would need to re-clean it after pollen season if you clean it now. I have to sit in it with the door closed in order to escape the pollen.

      Delete
  3. No hanging clothes outside for me. We still have several feet of snow on the ground!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. adimeatatime,
      Well, that is the best reason I can think of. Thanks

      Delete
  4. I would love to hang out the clothes to dry, but the HOA (and my partner) would substitute the laundry with my head if I were to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. urspo,
      I know I would never live under an HOA. They would not allow me to have chickens, either.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.