Contact Me

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Cardiologist Visit

On Tuesday we went to the bank and then to the church lunch. We had taco salad, chips, and cake. I decided to eat the taco salad with beef and suffered greatly as soon as I ate it and even worse when we got home.

It looks like a2milk prices might become lower. Exbf said there are commercials for it all the time on NBC. Two half gallons were $8 at the store. It seems there are more specials for it. Spending much less than the usual $4.69/half gallon would please me.

I cooked chicken, potatoes, and carrots in an oven bag. The vegetables were done and the chicken was tender. I took it out of the oven and placed it on the top of the stove, forgetting the oven had been on. Sooo, the vegetables were shrunken and chicken was dry. However, it was delicious, even without any salt or other flavoring. No doctor has ever suggested I need to lower my salt intake, but just avoid it as much as I can. Fried potatoes or French fries are the exception to minimally salting.

Wednesday
Soon, I will leave for cardiologist. With one phone call, I discovered there is a history of heart disease in my family. Funny how that never came up!

I arrived at the cardiologist at 11:40  and finally left at 2:00. I was exhausted. The doctor I waited an extra month to see was not there since he was called away for some sort of emergency, heart related, I presume. However, I really like the guy I saw. I have another procedure besides the one today, the electrocardiogram. Plus I will be wearing a monitor. So far, I found out the bunch of nerves on the right side of my heart have failed, shorted out.

My heart behaved itself until after the doctor left the room. Now, it has been acting up the rest of the afternoon and evening.

10 comments:

  1. I am taking Mom to her cardio visit tomorrow. Not a fun visit but they are very caring doctors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love this doctor! I hope her visit turns out well.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you like the doctor, it really makes it easier when they are nice. Hope you are on the mend soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      Oh, you are so correct. It upsets me to get a doctor that is a jerk.

      Delete
  3. If the nerves are bad, does that mean you will have a pacemaker? They can do wonders with those things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I don't know. He assured me it was not a problem. I wonder.

      Delete
    2. oh, o k, well it's not a problem is all that matters

      Delete
  4. Maybe they can regenerate the nerves in your heart. They can do so much to make your heart healthy in this day and age. Hope all goes well with your appointments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      He did not say anything about that, just that it would be okay. Maybe he is going to give me information later after the test results come back. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you liked the Doctor, hope all goes well with your appointments.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.