Contact Me

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Volunteer, Shoe Save, Lunch, Mammogram

A yellow volunteer tulip is growing right in the middle of my backyard. It was such a surprise. In the front yard are more plants like it but without a bloom. I wonder if they are tulips, too. Wednesday, I will investigate. They do not have regular tulip leaves, but there is no doubt the flower is a tulip. One day, a black tulip volunteered here.

Two more pair of shoes are going to get the Shoe Goo treatment. One is a pair of sandals that the whole side has been ripped from the sole. This will be a true test. It may not look very good. If not, they will be what I wear everyday in the yard.

The other pair is my favorite shoe ever. When I heard this model of Clark's, a Mary Jane, was being discontinued, I bought all I could find here, and ordered them from a store below Montgomery. I think I bought eight pair. I put them all up and got out a new pair about every two years. The sole came apart from the uppers everywhere but the heel area in one white pair.

I had another pair of the same style, black, that I could wear. However, I could only find one of those shoes. In a stroke of luck, the right shoe of the white pair was still intact. AND, the left black shoe was not lost. In the yard and around the house, I wore a perfectly good pair of mismatched shoes. If I can get the sole matched with the upper, I will have two more good pairs of shoes for the yard/ rain/mud/chicken yard.

We went to lunch at a church today: ham; sweet potato baked in foil;  mixed vegetables--corn, peas, green beans; buttered slice of bread; two cookies; unsweetened tea. Lunch was good; company and conversation was spectacular. We sat and talked with another couple and new friend.

Around 18 months ago, I took 13 pieces of Tupperware that had split, some lids, some bowls, and the woman now no longer sells Tupperware. So, I think I lost all the pieces. She says she told me to come get it. I don't remember that.

We drove 15 miles round trip to get 100% gasoline for my lawnmower.

I had a 3D mammogram later. It really hurt me. That is the first time for pain. More later. I am tired!

Exbf took his go plate home for his dinner. I gave him my sweet potato and mixed vegetables. I just now ate my ham and bread. Apple and leaf lettuce salad are next for me.

To save buying a new pair of shoes, would you wear one black shoe and one white shoe in the yard and chicken yard?  Remember, I knew I could mend the white shoe I was wearing, and I knew I would find the other black shoe. And, they are the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn.

8 comments:

  1. In the yard, with shoes, anything goes! I would be interested if the Shoe Goo works for you. I don't think I've had luck with it. I have a few pairs I would love to repair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex,
      The Shoe Goo did fill in the holes and seems very tight. However, I am going to pull up the insole and put Shoe Goo on the inside since there was a 1/2 in wide place in the bottom of the sole that water could come in. I need to fix that and walk on them to see how it is going. I forgot to ask exbf how they seemed to him. I want to do his one more time. I forgot to look at the bottom of his shoe and see how it was holding up. I'll let you know.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Alex. Anything goes in the yard. One time I was in a hurry to leave so I grabbed what I thought was a pair of crocs, ran to the car barefoot and put on my shoes right before starting the car. When I got home after a day of errands I realized I had on one croc and one berk. That would be one brown croc and one gray berk and I did not notice until I took my shoes off before coming in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      So, you are the one who started the croc/birk trend! It is amazing you did not feel the difference.

      One day, I got in the car with the mismatched, one black and one white Clarks's. I got out in the shopping center, walked about three steps and hurried to get the car unlocked and back home to change.

      Delete
  3. I would wear 1 of each color shoe in my yard. They are probably better then the old sneakers I wear in the garden now. Glad you had a nice lunch at church. It is always nice to meet new people. Sorry the mammogram hurt. I'm glad you had it though. I know to many women that have had breast cancer. So many women don't go for them. Early detection is best. I had mine in January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were only scuffed a bit and shoes fit to wear anywhere. This is the first 3D mammogram I have had. I have had probably 15 mammograms of the left breast and about 5 of right breast. I keep up with them.

      Delete
  4. I'd wear the pair after adding some black liquid shoe polish to the white shoe. My DH would have a fit if I wore 2 mismatched shoes...lol

    I've heard before that most Clarks shoes have that problem of the soles coming apart. You were wise to buy several pairs. I do the same thing if I know that a favorite of mine is being discontinued. Hope the goo treatment works out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Goose,
      He would have a fit if you wore mismatched shoes in the house or yard only?

      I still would be wearing two different shoes as they would not look the same. Plus, it would forever destroy my plan to fix the white shoe and have a pair of white shoes.

      This is the third time I have stocked up when a shoe is being discontinued. I never heard that about Clark's. Thanks.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.