Contact Me

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Sunday, Getting it Done

For the last few days, I have been recovering from the effects of taking an antibiotic. I was exhausted, nauseous, and just plain miserable.

Sunday, I washed four loads of clothes, and there was one on Saturday. I hung up the black pants I washed, and all the panties. I did use the dryer because there were too many towels in the towel load. At least, the use of the dryer is less. If I were hanging clothes outdoors, I could save all the cost of electricity. Since the humidity is very low, drying will be easier indoors than in rainy or just plain humid weather.

I used cold water in the washer, used 1/8 of the amount of ALL recommended by the manufacturer, used Oxi-Clean, and then vinegar in the wash.

For dinner on Tuesday, I put a steak, potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, black pepper, and bell pepper in a turkey bag and into the oven.  I won't be eating any of the steak. Carrots, celery and black pepper were the only costs of this meal. Carrots were bought in five-gallon bag. Celery was dehydrated quite a while ago. I use little black pepper, so the cost is negligible.

Tuesday is the day that the county agent will be answering questions. I am writing down my questions today. Prepping these questions will result in better gardening.

Sunday, I did not use ac or heat. When I was chilly in the night, a sheet and light blanket sufficed on my body with another just over my feet. When I was too warm, I took the extra blanket off my feet. I sometimes just cover my feet if what I am covered with is not quite enough. This evening, a sweatshirt and long pants is sufficient as I move around the house. Hopefully, the utility bill will be lower this next month. I have a few months a year where the bills are not elevated by heating or cooling.

For dinner on Sunday, I made tuna salad and had it with leaf lettuce. Earlier in the day, I had banana and milk. When I grate apples and add eggs to my tuna salad, it will be a two meal deal. My mother always grated apple into our tuna salad. I suppose besides more nutrition, it helped to stretch one small can of tuna to feed four little children and her. I have had people strenuously object to my putting apple into tuna salad, but did like it after one taste.

When I cleaned out the refrigerator on Sunday, I found my Miracle Whip. Yay! I knew it was in there, just not where. I had felt too bad to lean far to find anything. Throwing out an empty milk carton when I finished it opened the view. I love found food.

This does not mean I actually cleaned the shelves! There is something on one metal shelf that dripped through to another shelf. It is a mystery puddle. Meat leaked on another shelf. The crispers are okay, thankfully.

I checked the bottom of my shoes I patched with Shoe Goo.  It seems that stuff picks up bits of trash even after being allowed to cure for three days. Anyway, I put another layer on and am allowing it to cure.

Not a lot was accomplished today, but it was more than most days around here.

Your turn
Does antibiotic use ever make you feel awful?

10 comments:

  1. Antibiotics don't make me feel bad, but pain medicine makes me feel horrendous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Not all antibiotics make me feel bad, just the ones they insist on giving me. Codeine makes me hallucinate and keep me awake. I list that with allergies and then explain.

      Delete
  2. Did not use AC or heat-what weahter patterns we have in the US that these are both used in the same week, and sometimes day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last week, I did that--used heat in night, ac during the day, and then heat again. Another day, I used ac during day and early evening during a rain I turned on the heat for a bit. Strange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of grated apple in the tuna salad! I chop it up in tuna sometimes. Not sure why I never thought to grate it. As with everything else, some people tolerate some antibiotics better that others . I have never had a problem with any meds until I had to take Flagyl once and thought I would die before I completed them. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. tfd,
    Mama probably thought grated would go undetected and accepted better than chopped apple. so, I do it that way,too. I think Flagyl did that to me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. antibiotics don't seem to bother me a whole lot although they have caused thrush after an extended course of treatment.
    You sound upbeat, which is nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I have not even gotten a yeast infection. I have never had thrush, amazingly, considering how many days I have taken antibiotics. I was upbeat; then, today happened. Actually, I am just exhausted.

      Delete
  7. What a day! It doesn't take long for the laundry to pile up, does it? And I think grated apple in tuna salad sounds wonderful. I have never done that. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you take probiotics after being on antibiotics - something like acidophilus? It replaces all the good gut bacteria that the meds kills off and might help make you feel better once you finish the meds.
    I put chopped green apple and onion into my tuna salad and I make it with Miracle Whip rather than mayo - tuna is rather bland so the tart apple helps to boost the flavour.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.