Contact Me

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Garden Markers and Garden Advice





It's about that time of the year. We need something to mark what we plant where. At Food Storage and Survival  there are the cutest markers. I tried to snag one to show you, but those are protected. Well, I was directing you to their blog, so they would not care. At any rate, maybe you will want to jump over there and see what appeals to you. Don't miss the links in the text. Links are the bold words.

I especially thought of Clamco's Lorraine as some of the garden markers are painted rocks.

Some of the markers are pricey and some are very frugal.

At an upcoming lunch, the county agent will be there. Last year, he had a Q&A session where people were free to ask questions about their gardens--edibles, flowers, trees, whatever. People came prepared with questions and notebooks and pens at the ready. He also gave each of us a tomato plant. I hope he gives a plant this year! I am making a list of questions.

Today was supposed to be a stormy day with the possibility  of violent weather. Maybe that is happening elsewhere, but in my area all is well, just rainy. I just went to bed and slept through whatever was going to happen.

Which of the markers are your favorites? What do you use as garden markers?

8 comments:

  1. I am a super big fan of the Cooperative Extension Service. It's part of the state land-grant university system, provides tons of free info both in person, by phone, on-line and in print. You are so lucky to have an agent to answer questions, yours and others, as you'll garner so much info. Usually you can bring bugs, damaged leaves, weeds, etc in a plastic bag securely fastened for identification. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bellen,
      I just found an envelope, pre-1990, sent from the Extension service. I am one block from their office and just drop in all the time, taking things for them to id. One guy even came to my yard to id something. I think all the ones I knew have retired now and there are only younger people. The guy who is coming is an older person and full of info. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. I've got garden markers, just need to find where I put them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      What kind of markers do you have? Did you make them?

      Delete
  3. We got the storms and violent rain. I fear a lot of my seeds were washed away, so after the earth dries out a bit I will replant. Fortunately I still have a lot of seeds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      As I watched the radar, I wondered about what was going on at your house and exbf's. It seemed that it just rained here continually. It was never hard rain. Maybe the washed away seeds will sprout somewhere else in your yard. I seem to always have plenty of seeds left. Thanks for telling me.

      Delete
  4. I didn't use any but had a map made of where everything went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. urspo,
      Some people do that, too. I suppose their are two camps. Thanks.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.